diy solar

diy solar

Solax X hybrid Adding LifePo4 Batteries to an On Grid system

Rosco4271

Solax X hybrid inverter/charger Adding LifePo4 Batteries to an On Grid system
I have a Solax X Hybrid 5kw unit and I am researching DIY Batteries to add to my system,
I see EVE 280AH 3.2v Cell batteries have come down in price and availability. Offered $1650 AU delivered a couple of days ago.
My delima is the Solax Inverter/Charger requires comms to the BMS via Can/RE232 port.
I cant seem to find any suppliers or I am not looking at the right location
I will be installing a Victron 220A smart battery protector
I am an electrician and have a Boat with 12v solar system on board
Thanks for your advice in advance

Solax X hybrid inverter/charger Adding LifePo4 Batteries to an On Grid system
I have a Solax X Hybrid 5kw unit and I am researching DIY Batteries to add to my system,
I see EVE 280AH 3.2v Cell batteries have come down in price and availability. Offered $1650 AU delivered a couple of days ago.
My delima is the Solax Inverter/Charger requires comms to the BMS via Can/RE232 port.
I cant seem to find any suppliers or I am not looking at the right location
I will be installing a Victron 220A smart battery protector
I am an electrician and have a Boat with 12v solar system on board
Thanks for your advice in advance
Hello @Rosco4271

This is my first post in this forum. I suppose and hope you have already resolved your concern. I am in the same situation now and have some ideas but would be interested to know what happened to your set-up.

I have 5kw solax x-hybrid and has been using it with 4s2p lead acid batteries. After half year, the deterioration in capacity is noticeable. I just received 16 x 280Ah Lifepo4 and waiting for the JBD BMS i ordered. I am ready not to connect the RS232 communication and just let the BMS manage my batteries independently. I hope to get some ideas from your experience so far.

I look forward hearing from you.

Hi PYPh
At the moment i put that project on hold. Instead i bought a caravan and installed a 24 volt system and 8 280 Lifepo4 batteries A BMS with a victron solar charger 1050w of solar panel, 2.5kw 24/240 inverter. I put a 240/24 virctom 16amp chager on and a victron smart battery charger. Also a 24/12 40 amp converter. I also installed a total use shunt and meter to monitor things in the caravan and a manual start for the inverter. We are away in the van and everything is working well.

Thank you for your reply. Good to know your van set up is working. Will let you know what i can learn with solax and lifepo4.
Cheers!

Back