diy solar

diy solar

*SOLD!* $3000 - 4 charge cycles on 14kwh+, 24v, a123, victron, overkill solar system built by electrician local pick up in northern ca

Emmett

I was planning on building an off grid residence and my plans have changed. I am now selling this system for about half the cost of the parts. I am a career electrician for over 20 years. Last year I built and programmed this Lifepo4 battery system out of arguably the best parts on the market. All the parts are new (and the batteries have 4 cycles on them). This system will last for 5-15 years cycled daily from 80% soc to 20% soc. I did a capacity test from 90% soc to 10% soc by running a full size residential fridge and it ran for 10 days. The system is fully assembled and ready to be installed into an off grid setting or RV. It is not built to be grid tied. Off grid only.
Here is a link to a video of the batteries used of which there are a total of 6.
Here is a link for the 6 bms's:
There are 4 of 1/4"thick x 2" wide solid copper bus bars and all smallish gear is mounted to 1/4" thick piece of acrylic.
1 bolt on 250 amp dc breaker
1 victron bmv712 coulomb counter with display and bluetooth programming
4/0 and #6 marine cabling with tinned copper lugs
6 of 24v 2.59kwh A123/NEC battery packs
6 of overkill solar bms with bluetooth, usb adapter, and upgraded cables option
Victron multiplus 24/3000/70 inverter charger with usb to ethernet dongle for programming and monitoring. Link is below:

$3000 pick up in santa rosa or $3500 delivered to sonoma county area
Price is about half of what it cost me for all the parts and the technical labor required for having built this system will be free since it's already built and works well.

Last edited:
Back