diy solar

diy solar

SOLIS 5G Hybrid new install - GRID AC strange behaviour

Good luck with the updated meter. FWIW I don't see the ac-backup feed working OK as being inconsistent... as the inverter will just supply as much demand that there is from the ac-backup - it doesn't rely on or need any measure of grid usage as it is independent.

I think the meter change has worked. Also coupled with the "Time of Use" setting set to 00:00-00:00 for both charge and discharge, but the key is that it should still be set to "Run", previously it was set to "Stop".

Reaction to Load demand is working albeit I think the CT to the meter is not matched so it's a little delayed.

When working the LCD Power (W) value shows a net 0, when demand kicks in it goes negative and edges to 0 as the inverter catches up.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have also a 5G hybrid inverter. New installation 2 month ago. The charge/discharge behavior was not as expected. Max power in / max power out in short sequences. After a firmware upgrade to latest all was fine.

Hi,
I have also a 5G hybrid inverter. New installation 2 month ago. The charge/discharge behavior was not as expected. Max power in / max power out in short sequences. After a firmware upgrade to latest all was fine.
Did your oscillate for a few minutes between charging and discharging? If so, what firmware version have you upgraded to?

This is the issue I am having the inverter RS485 puts out 1.45 volts dc and if you check the unplugged RS485 cable two pins it is 3.45 volts dc it then goes to the eastRon meter near the consumer unit pins 9 and 10 on eastRon meter should have 3.45 volts dc that means the meter is working and the ct clamp should be either before the meter on the grid side with arrow towards the load or after the meter. The ct clamp on my system is too short and the engineer will be here tomorrow after two weeks. I will let you know how it goes. I get very spurious readings Solis cannot understand why and suspect the ct clamp

The ct clamp on my system is too short and the engineer will be here tomorrow after two weeks. I will let you know how it goes. I get very spurious readings Solis cannot understand why and suspect the ct clamp
The wire on the CT clamp is a fixed length. Changing the length can upset the readings.

This is the issue I am having the inverter RS485 puts out 1.45 volts dc and if you check the unplugged RS485 cable two pins it is 3.45 volts dc it then goes to the eastRon meter
RS485 is a data line transmitting digital signals. You cannot measure its correct operation by measuring dc voltage - you will need an oscilloscope to do that.

Back