diy solar

diy solar

Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G AC coupled inverter CT offset

Geoff_S

Hi all. I am a newbie to this forum. I have just had my Solis AC Coupled inverter (RAI-3K-48ES-5G) installed along side two US3000C batteries. The goal is to store cheap off-peak electricity. I don't have any solar panels on my system. The inverter was supplied with the Acrel meter (and clamp) and the CT clamp. My installation does not use the Acrel meter. It just uses the CT clamp on the Grid's Live feed.

Everything appears to be working as expected. I.E the inverter is supplying the house load. However, according to my electricity supplier's smart meter, there appears to be a constant 200W drawn from the grid. I was expecting this to go down to zero. If the load is less than 200W (for example 180W), the smart meter shows 180W and the inverter is not generating any power output. When I check the CT information on the inverter, the CT current is showing a value (around 0.99A). Does the CT input need to be calibrated or is there an offset adjustment?

Thanks for your help,
Geoff

I have resolved this problem. I installed the Acrel meter and now the inverter is generating the correct amount of power. It seems the power calculation on the inverter using the CT connection directly into the inverter is not that accurate at low power.

Back