diy solar

diy solar

Some questions regarding ant-bms settings and random disconnects

dfps

Hello everybody.
Been following Will´s youtube and made a solar system watching his videos . Iv tried to search some posts on certain questions, but i don't see the specific answers.
First of all my system is a MPPsolar 4kw 24V with a 8s100ah 24v with an Ant-bms and 2 solar panels with 420 each. In the moment im not near the equipment to some specific references.
Iv managed to make the system run, but it has some glitches and im concerned that i might have miss configured the settings.

My Questions/problems:
1º - Whenever i try to connect my batteries 1644271853459[1614].jpg
to the inverter , he blinks and doesn't start.
I need to connect the inverter + and - cables directly to the battery poles(bypassing the bms) in order for the inverter to start. Then i wait 20 secs and finally i need to switch fast from the negative battery pole to the negative bms pole and it works...
What am i missing here? If i had the battery property sealed it would be impossible for me to start the inverter since now i need to connect to the negative battery pole directly first.

2º After it has started, sometimes it random shutdowns even at full battery capacity and without any load(then i need to do 1º procedure again...disconnect from bms, connect to negative battery pole and reconnect to bms)
Im afraid i have bms with some wrong setting...iv searched but i didnt find any tutorial for bms settings...it has dozens of settings and is overwhelming for a noob.Iv put the default and tried to follow some videos...but same problems occur..
Regarding mpp setting i have them all equal from " Will's site https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/all-in-one-122448v-packages.html so it should be ok.

3º Iv noticed that with "my" settings the battery is always charging. I mean lets say battery is at 100% (set to be as 80% to prolong life span) and even on standby from the inverter consumption ,is always charging. Should i keep this way or i should lets say make it discharge to some % before recharging again? What is healthier? Keep whenever possible at 100%(80%) or let it discharge to 20% or whatever "healthier min %" before charging again to 100%(80%)?.
Im afraid is over-stressing battery by keeping at 100% (80%). It almost never leaves the 80% during the day...

The forum probably has all this answers but im not being able to find it :/
Ill tip you if needed for your time

Regards, have a nice week
David

Back