diy solar

diy solar

Split phase two LV6548 not enough. X3 inverters Max AC out Amps?

Gurusi

Hey, after creating a build and starting to purchase items I have found a potential flaw... my usage. I have a hot tub that runs at 240v and in combination with other items in the house may breach the threshold/ability for X2 LV6548 in split phase. Running the heater, jets and other 120v items in the house peaked to 70Amps at one point....

I installed a Emporia Vue 2 a couple of days ago for more information/confirmation (which will be a later post for opinion after some data is gathered).

Based on what I can find online X2 Lv6548's support 118.18A at 120v and 54.16A at 240v. I would like some headroom on the maximum amps. I found another post that shows you can have X3 inverters in split phase (2 inverters on one phase and a single on the other).

Could anyone confirm what the max ac current would be in this setup? Also what would the 2 pole breaker size be? (I currently have a 2 pole 60amp).

My usage is actually pretty low for the X2 inverter build so far, but the hot tub has me concerned.

Just to confirm this will be a completely off grid setup. I can upload a build diagram if needed.

Anyone? I am guessing L1 would be 54.16A and L2 (two inverters) would be 108.33A.

I am just having trouble getting my head around taking advantage of the 2nd legs increased current. I am guessing you could put additional single pole breakers on the second bus and leave blanks on the slots for the first?

In terms of the AC breaker coming in on the main panel, again i am guessing you have a single pole 60amp and a single pole 100amp...

A simpler method would be X4 units but its too much expense.

You should find a way to cut off the heater when current draw is too high, turn back on when enough lower.

Unfortunately the heater comes on based on the water temperature so is fairly dependent on the weather (I live in Canada). My wife does not wish to watch what items are on at the same time (hence bumping up the capacity)

Do you think adding a third inverter will be helpful? Still unsure what use the staggered power loads will be...

I can run my 11 kW load for about 5 minutes on 2 LV6548s, that's 48 amps AC 240v (each leg is 48 amp, 120V). If you want to run 70 amps AC continuously, you probably should have 4x or even 6x LV6548s to handle it continuously. You can add just one, but if one leg is pulling more than 35 amps, it will probably overload that one side with one inverter.

Look in the for sale section, there are a few (ahem, shameless plug for the two I just listed) listed.

I can run my 11 kW load for about 5 minutes on 2 LV6548s, that's 48 amps AC 240v (each leg is 48 amp, 120V). If you want to run 70 amps AC continuously, you probably should have 4x or even 6x LV6548s to handle it continuously. You can add just one, but if one leg is pulling more than 35 amps, it will probably overload that one side with one inverter.

Look in the for sale section, there are a few (ahem, shameless plug for the two I just listed) listed.
Thanks for the clarification on max KW usage and timeframe for the units. After changing a few things here and there (usage reduction and conversion to natural gas appliances) my main contention is the hot tub. It is still pulling around 8-9KW for 40 minutes. I have set it to heat up during the night when everything else is off.

In your experience would your dual LV6548's handle that load and duration? Or am I looking at buying another X2...

I will keep a look out in the sales section! unfortunately I am in Canada so shipping is an issue for US ad's.

Thanks for the clarification on max KW usage and timeframe for the units. After changing a few things here and there (usage reduction and conversion to natural gas appliances) my main contention is the hot tub. It is still pulling around 8-9KW for 40 minutes. I have set it to heat up during the night when everything else is off.

In your experience would your dual LV6548's handle that load and duration? Or am I looking at buying another X2...

I will keep a look out in the sales section! unfortunately I am in Canada so shipping is an issue for US ad's.

I have no trouble running my AirConditioner and clothes dryer at the same time, roughly 9 kW. I imagine all you would have to worry about is having enough battery to do it at night.

I have no trouble running my AirConditioner and clothes dryer at the same time, roughly 9 kW. I imagine all you would have to worry about is having enough battery to do it at night.

That's good to know! I have X32 280ah cells on their way and will likely add in the future. I guess we will see how they function when I'm set up.

Back