diy solar

diy solar

SRNE 12kW IP65 HES and 10kW ASP

Manual mentions the following for installation:
"
3.1 Installation location
ASP series is only for indoor use (protection level: IP20). Before selecting the installationlocation, users should consider the following factors:
 A solid wall
 Installation height: flush with the line of sight
 Sufficient heat dissipation space
 Ambient temperature: -10°C−55°C (14°F−131°F), to ensure optimal operation

*dimention drawing of required free space around inverter*

DANGER
 Do not install the inverter near highly flammable materials
 Do not install the inverter in potentially explosive areas
 Do not install the inverter and lead-acid battery in enclosed spaces
CAUTION
 Do not install the inverter in direct sunlight
 Do not install or use the inverter in damp environments
"

So, mounting it on 2x4s or a plywood backing is acceptable... just don't store oily rags, gasoline nor hay bailes close to it and you should be ok....lol.

Its impressive that they consider ambient temps up to 131 acceptable.

Is this the unit you got from the store you got it? their price is already up?
I swear price was $1099 when you first put up this link. Now $1299.

Install delayed ... Due to my extreme frugalness I refuse to pay HD wire prices. Placed an order at shopwirenco for ~30% less than HD and ordered a bunch of other stuff I didn't really need but will use eventually.
I'll more than likely order 16 more cells today or tomorrow, haven't decided on Gobel or Docan yet (not waiting for overseas shipping).

Install delayed ... Due to my extreme frugalness I refuse to pay HD wire prices. Placed an order at shopwirenco for ~30% less than HD and ordered a bunch of other stuff I didn't really need but will use eventually.
I'll more than likely order 16 more cells today or tomorrow, haven't decided on Gobel or Docan yet (not waiting for overseas shipping).
Do you have a Menards near you? Their wire prices are better, I believe, plus you can get 11% back which helps. Copper is near $5/lb. I bought several hundred feet of #2 copper thhn years ago for $55. I had a hard time carrying it. Seemed like a lot at the time! Ha ha.
Plus I kept a bunch of #8 and larger that was going to be thrown away years ago. Long ago it wasnt worth recycling unless you had hundreds of lbs of it. Most of it went in the trash. The rest was given away.

After doing a bit of research I've decided to bite the bullet myself and take a chance on buying an APS unit, with plans to buy a 2nd one later on, from here:
SRNE 10KW Support Split/Single-phase 48V To 110/240VAC Hybrid Solar Inverter Dual MPPT Max 22A Charge Current Pv Max 500VOC

Store: SRNE Power Store
Model: ASP48100U200-H
Price: $2,126.19 Canadian Dollars

Not exactly cheap since I'm paying for it in Canadian Pesos...lol...but still one heck of a deal, based on it's capabilities.
I guess I'll see once it gets to me, currently in transit... I'll keep you all posted
Found the data Sheet for this

Do you have a Menards near you? Their wire prices are better, I believe, plus you can get 11% back which helps. Copper is near $5/lb. I bought several hundred feet of #2 copper thhn years ago for $55. I had a hard time carrying it. Seemed like a lot at the time! Ha ha.
Plus I kept a bunch of #8 and larger that was going to be thrown away years ago. Long ago it wasnt worth recycling unless you had hundreds of lbs of it. Most of it went in the trash. The rest was given away.
Unfortunately I do not. I wish I were stocking up on copper years ago... I bought bought enough from Wirenco that I should be covered for at leat one more expansion.

You are looking at page 23 of the manual. That is incorrect for 240V split phase here in the US.

This is what it states for the diagram you posted:

4.9.4 Wiring diagram for two-phase parallel connection (phase difference
between L1 and L2: 0°)
(1) P1: Set the item [31] to "2P0;" P2: Set the item [31] to "2P1," all of the P1/P2 inverter item
[68] can not be set, it is default “0°”and the phase difference between P1 and P2 is 120°.
When setting the item [38] to "120 V," the voltage between the live wire L1 of P1 phase and
the live wire L2 of P2 phase is 208 V, and the L1-N voltage is 120 V
(2) P1: Set the item [31] to "2P0;" P2: Set the item [31] to "2P2," all of the P1/P2 inverter item
[68] can not be set, it is default “0°”and the phase difference between P1 and P2 is 180°.
When setting the item [38] to "120 V," the voltage between the live wire L1 of P1 phase and
the live wire L2 of P2 phase is 240 V, and the L1-N voltage is 120 V, L2-N voltage is 120V

The correct page you need is page 28 which is for split phase 180° between L1 and L2 which is stated:

4.9.5 Wiring diagram for split-phase parallel connection (phase difference
between L1 and L2: 180°)
Set the item [31] to PAL, and set the item [68] to 180°. When setting the item [38] to
"120 V," the L1-L2 voltage is 240 V, and the L1-N voltage is 120 V, L2-N voltage is 120V

a. Two parallel-connected solar storage inverters:

View attachment 212508

Note how L1 from each inverter is combined and each L2 is combined.
Can I get your link to the Manual?
Thanks

Its impressive that they consider ambient temps up to 131 acceptable.
I'd be very wary of posted max limits.... sometimes you get lucky and nothing happens, but more othen then not the hardware will fail just below or close to those listed limits... usually there is a very short time limit of functionality at those limits. Milage will vary dependent on luck and slight differences in hardware and parts used...

I'd be very wary of posted max limits.... sometimes you get lucky and nothing happens, but more othen then not the hardware will fail just below or close to those listed limits... usually there is a very short time limit of functionality at those limits. Milage will vary dependent on luck and slight differences in hardware and parts used...
Agreed.
I'm guessing they are referring to temps of internal components, even though they say ambient. CPUs operate within this range constantly.

If I had 131F ambient temps I'd be shutting everything down and fixing the A/C.

I'm getting confused with all these SRNE units. Wasn't there one that was supposed to come with some CT's for limiting export?

Considering trying a SRNE HESP48120U200-H (Hybrid 12KW) inverter. I have reviewed the manual but not clear to me if this has a built in transfer switch and can be installed between the meter and the main service panel (like a SolArk) or only a secondary critical load panel. It does support zero export (CT's required) but can't tell if it disconnects from grid during outages or simply prevents backflow.

Anyone know???
1717029355593.png

I'm getting confused with all these SRNE units. Wasn't there one that was supposed to come with some CT's for limiting export?
That would be the HESP.
Considering trying a SRNE HESP48120U200-H (Hybrid 12KW) inverter. I have reviewed the manual but not clear to me if this has a built in transfer switch and can be installed between the meter and the main service panel (like a SolArk) or only a secondary critical load panel. It does support zero export (CT's required) but can't tell if it disconnects from grid during outages or simply prevents backflow.

Anyone know???
View attachment 218530
Try emailing them and asking. I've found they are responsive to technical questions using the email on their website.
Wouldn't it have to disconnects from the grid during outages to prevent backflow?

Sure looks like it works like you want it to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-29-21-03-08-19_58f827c9f8cd1dffd850cad9571f3f22.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-29-21-03-08-19_58f827c9f8cd1dffd850cad9571f3f22.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2024-05-29-21-03-58-19_58f827c9f8cd1dffd850cad9571f3f22.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-29-21-03-58-19_58f827c9f8cd1dffd850cad9571f3f22.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2024-05-29-21-04-55-40_58f827c9f8cd1dffd850cad9571f3f22.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-29-21-04-55-40_58f827c9f8cd1dffd850cad9571f3f22.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 10
Wouldn't it have to disconnects from the grid during outages to prevent backflow
Perhaps it could prevent backflow (current flow) via CT's alone, but without a disconnect not sure how it would prevent the lines from remaining energized (voltage present). I would like to do whole home backup but unclear if I need to get an automatic transfer switch or not.

I did ask SRNE but the response was unclear, the sent the CT diagram that you posted.

Back