diy solar

diy solar

String mppt in series

fatjay

Solar Enthusiast
I have this AIO battery/inverter/mppt, but it's solar input is 33-60v. My panels are 37voc, which means unless it's peak production, I'm not getting solar.

The question is, victron has this 48v mppt. Can I hook my panels up to the victron 48v mppt then send that 48v out to the solar input on the AIO? Or will I get the magic blue smoke.

I have this AIO battery/inverter/mppt, but it's solar input is 33-60v. My panels are 37voc, which means unless it's peak production, I'm not getting solar.

The question is, victron has this 48v mppt. Can I hook my panels up to the victron 48v mppt then send that 48v out to the solar input on the AIO? Or will I get the magic blue smoke.
The MPPT algorithms will likely fight with each other. Why not use the Victron to feed power directly to the AIO battery?

That would involve a complete disassembly of the AIO. Which I already attempted, it didn't' go well. The outer shell is part of the inner workings, it's massively complicated. I don't know how they managed to assemble it, wires inside looks like it was attached while fully assembled and there's no access to the screws or clips.

I was hoping that the mppt on the AIO wouldn't realize that it was connected to an mppt and just assumed it was getting nice clean 48v power. Although I'm only vaguely familiar with how mppt's opperate.

Is your AIO and all in one inverter? Or a portable power station, like and Eco Flow?

On here AIO is normally an inverter, not an Ecoflow battery.

Given the info available, I think your best option is different solar panels, or try the ones you have just to verify 33v is the lower limit.

There are some MPPT charge controllers that can be set up as constant voltage power supplies, in theory you could connect that to the MPPT input of your battery. But buying a couple new panels, VS a fancy charge controller, the panels seems like a less expensive option.

Back