diy solar

diy solar

String sizing spreadsheet

Old Solar Guy

I'm now retired and the company no longer around so I can give out my string sizing spreadsheet that I used and revised for many years. It's currently set to the example that Will had in his presentation today. All of the formulas are visible, and none of them are particularly complex except maybe the lookups. Ignore the SolarEdge sizing in the lower right, it's very out of date. Of course it may not have complete or updated modules or inverters/charge controllers but if you can figure out range labels and lookups you can add more. Note the various tabs. There's even a rough off grid formula under the battery tab.

*** See post below for the link to download the file. It's only about 200KB

Old Solar Guy (since 1985)

Last edited:
This is a test to see if it works .... I created a .xlsx blank spreadsheet and renamed it as a .txt file ..... gonna try to download it and rename it back and see if it works.

Full disclosure .... Even if this works, I'm not sure if this is a legit method of getting around a file type .... If it works I'll check with a moderator to see.

Edit .... That did seem to work. I was able to save and rename it and it opened as the same bland spreadsheet .... @Supervstech or @Crowz .... is this allowed or taboo?

Attachments

• AttachTest.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The other method I have used to share files is to create a Dropbox account. You can put a file in Dropbox and have it create a link to download the file .... Quite a lot of hassle if you don't already have it set up.

diy solar

diy solar
Back