diy solar

diy solar

Sungold Power ESS

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have reviewed your query regarding 5000W Solar Inverter+10.24KWH LifePO4 Battery Energy Storage 48V System and have responded to your question. Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime.

Here are the details of your query:

Split phase for USA ?

This system can only work with 120V devices, not 240v devices.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Best Regards

SunGoldPower Tech Support Team

Not sure I understand your issue. But if you need a 120V device instead of 240, have you considered a simple 5KW isolation transformer to get your 240 to 120? Many are available to convert 240 to 120 which also will get 120 to 240. Should be able to find something for a few hundred bucks.

I don't have an issue, just pointing out that they are trying to sell a unit that is hardly usable in the USA.
Now if a pair could be combined to produce a split phase output like the 6548 units these would have been a home run.

I don't have an issue, just pointing out that they are trying to sell a unit that is hardly usable in the USA.
Now if a pair could be combined to produce a split phase output like the 6548 units these would have been a home run.

A transformer easily converts 240 to split phase. Yeah.... it is an add on and most guys will look for a simpler solution.

People will be looking for 100% plug and play, not fannying around with transformers and shit.
If they can do 120 / 240 split phase out of the box or a plug and play method of combining two units to make split phase that is an absolute home run.

My concern would be the line frequency rather than voltages. And sure, I agree with Quattrohead's above post. I am in the first 10 days with my newly installed contracted system that uses Enphase stuff installed because it is somewhat simple. I did upgrade to the IQ8A inverters to avoid clipping that might not even have been a problem. So far with the sun's late October angle, the neighbor's ($#%^&*) trees, I am producing just over 30KWH/day when the sun shines.

Has anyone purchased one of these systems? I'm looking at this one:
but I'm having a hard time finding where to buy the batteries. So far, it seems like a lot of companies are buying the same equipment and reselling it, if I can buy the batteries from another vendor that costs less, I'm happy to do so.

I got the email as well. Looks intriguing, but they are being discounted by 40%. Is this an end-of-life product? Any impressions of Sungold on the whole? I can live with 120V,. The only 240V load that I have is the AC, which I could power with an autotransformer and soft-start. Does anyone else make a nicely integrated system like this at a reasonable price?

FWIW. I received a response from Sungold support. Indeed, this is an end-of-life product in the US, but they claim that they can still provide support since it is still selling well in other countries. Caveat emptor. IMHO, this would have been an attractive product in the US if it had been launched with a better price point and 240V split-phase support. Alas it wasn't.

I was about to post they are selling them at a good price of $3774 for the 2 battery 10kwh unit.
Worth it for the free shipping and no tax.
Just think about it as 2 rack batteries with a 5kw inverter all in a nice tidy package.
Great pity it is not split phase.
If you contact them, I am sure you could cut a better deal with them.

PAGE 54 OF MANUAL--- PARALLEL UNITS?

Table 5 Parallel Specifications Max parallel numbers 3 Circulation Current under No Load Condition Max 2A Power Unbalance Ratio <5% @ 100% Load Parallel communication CAN Transfer time in parallel mode Max 50ms

There is a new different unit that is like their SP6548 but it's supplied with a single 5kw battery and they don't have extra batteries to add to the stack. The mix and match of inverter and battery is back to front with these two systems they have.

Back