diy solar

diy solar

Recommendation for parallelizable all in one inverter

dfpower

We are developing an off-grid property in Georgia, USA and currently have a Sungold Power IP6048 6000 watt split phase all in one inverter. It has been working great since we installed it last October but we need to increase the available power as we are going to begin construction of our house in the next couple months. So far it has worked well for powering our 1HP well pump, everything in our 30AMP RV, as well as a washer/dryer combo unit in our solar shed. The unit is expandable to 6 which is why we bought it new only 10 months ago. Now that we need to expand it we found out Sungold Power does not sell it anymore and apparently none of their new inverters are backwards compatible. This has been a seriously infuriating shock. So now we're looking for a new inverter.

The following are our requirements:
- 10KW+ power output
- Parallelizable
- Prefer an all in one but not a must as we'll just use the old inverter as our solar charger and to power what it currently does
- Must have split phase for both 120/240V output

I'm hoping to hear from people who have systems they are using and are happy with (or unhappy if there's a unit to avoid). Please don't suggest Sungold Power as we don't want to make an investment in a system that we can't easily expand since they have no interest in backwards compatibility.

Thanks!

Sol-Ark and EG4 seem to be the top contenders in this space. I went with EG4 because the 18Kpv and PowerPro batteries integrate well into an ESS. (Haven’t received the parts yet or installed it, but am working with my electricians to get preliminary wiring in).

Thanks for the response. Was looking into those two. I like the warranty but the price sure is steep. Might have to pull the trigger to get something we I can trust.

Back