diy solar

diy solar

System schematic/diagram 1.0

G00SE

There’s two O’s in G00SE
Greetings, I was hoping some of you might have some insight, scrutiny, and/or suggestions to my diagram.
This is my first attempt

Inverter: Sungold/SRNE 10kw
Manual calls for 2p-25a 10AWG PV in, 3p-63a 6AWG AC out, and 250a 1AWG for battery

Panels: 8s 370w x2 (one string into each MPPT)
Batteries: 51.2v 305ah with seplos 200a BMS x2 (hope for 2 more by summer)

Nader 60v 200a breaker with enclosure for each battery so that I can take individual units down if needed. Immediately leaving each battery is a 200a T class fuse prior to the breaker.
The Victron power-in (bus bar) has 4 lugs so 1 for each battery, 1 for inverter, and 1 for chargeverter.
Then the smartshunt on negative side immediately following the power in bus bar (online it says to connect the shunt to the positive block of the battery, but I can’t figure out how best to do it with multiple batteries, would it be fine to just run to the positive of the BUS?)
Each battery has a 200a BMS but the inverter cannot output that much. I’d like to program each BMS to not exceed 150a hence the 200a breakers and fuses prior to the bus bar
Then the positive cable leaving the bus bar to a t class 300a fuse then to a 60v 300a disconnect switch to function as the main battery disconnect.
My goal was 1AWG for all battery wiring however I’ve gotten some solid initial feedback that suggests something slightly smaller from packs to bus bar for a bit easier working.
I was planning on all equal length wiring. From batteries to bus and bus to inverter. Still need to measure but should be less than 1 meter each.

The PV has a disconnect outside for each 8s array and then a Dihool 2 in 2 out dual 25a 500v breakers (one for each string). One string will stay connected while the other 8s string will need to have an exterior plug in. I’d like to run 10AWG PV wire from panel to exterior disconnect. Then THWN 10AWG from exterior disconnect to interior breaker, and breaker to inverter. Again I will need to measure, would be less than 10ft total length.

AC out via 6AWG to Square D 60a 8 space load panel inside.
1-50a NEMA 14-50 rv plug outside from the load panel as well as the generator plug to chargeverter outside.
Do I need a separate AC disconnect outside of the load center?
It looks like I will neutral bond at the panel (I will verify this isn’t already done at inverter)

Being that this is in a cargo trailer the load panel should be chassis grounded correct? The equipment I viewed isolated grounds for both the PV disconnect as well as the BUS bar. I’m not quite sure what to do with DC ground. Please advise

Grid is a 6x6 space (large square)

7D7B061D-C85D-47DB-AF5B-0219AB9828B4.jpeg

1 AWG seems a bit to small for an inverter with a 220amp rating, I would consider using 4/0 wire between the lynx and the inverter. You can use a finely stranded wire like MTW to make it easier to work with

With just one breaker in the panel a separate disconnect isn't needed.

In a vehicle you will want everything grounded to the frame.

1 AWG seems a bit to small for an inverter with a 220amp rating, I would consider using 4/0 wire between the lynx and the inverter. You can use a finely stranded wire like MTW to make it easier to work with

With just one breaker in the panel a separate disconnect isn't needed.

In a vehicle you will want everything grounded to the frame.

Thanks! I scrutinized a bit more on the inverter to bus gauge and as you state it appears 1AWG would be undersized. I’ll see what I can make fit.

In regards to the PV breaker and separate disconnect. My thought here was to have access both inside and outside.

Then the smartshunt on negative side immediately following the power in bus bar (online it says to connect the shunt to the positive block of the battery, but I can’t figure out how best to do it with multiple batteries, would it be fine to just run to the positive of the BUS?)
Yes

The equipment I viewed isolated grounds for both the PV disconnect as well as the BUS bar. I’m not quite sure what to do with DC ground. Please advise
Follow the manufacturers recommendations.
Do not connect DC battery positive or negative to the frame. Unless the manufacturer requires it.
Most are designed to be isolated. Victron is an exception to this.
DC PV should be isolated.

@timselectric with the service panel inside would you also do an AC disconnect outside or not worry about it?

Back