diy solar

diy solar

My new diagram. Please check.

If i went with the 7.7kw model, could I limit them to be under 15kw together? I don't think you can limit them. My manual says 7680 watts max each. 15,360 watts total, so that might force you down to the SB7.0. But maybe your Power company would let it slide?
Ya I might try for the forgiveness route if I go slightly over 15k.
It’s the same with growatt and fronius 7.6. The occasional extra 200 watts isn’t hurting anything.

Your wiring diagram kinda looks like this guys. When I had my SB5.0 and SB6.0 I just wired mine into two seperate 30amp double pole breakers. But I have a 400amp service. They never had any communication problems. Your diagram looks good I guess it just depends on what the power company thinks. I think non fused disconnect would be fine.

Actually, when I put in a comparable solar panel, the US7.7 was the only recommended inverter. You can play around with it and see if you can get the 7.0 to work. But the US7.0 want work unless you add a third inverter.

Last edited:

Actually, when I put in a comparable solar panel, the US7.7 was the only recommended inverter. You can play around with it and see if you can get the 7.0 to work. But the US7.0 want work unless you add a third inverter.
I messed with it for a few minutes and it didn't seem to be a problem with the 7.0. maybe I did it wrong. But unless I'm wrong, I think it doesnt mater with grid tied like it does with off grid inverters. I didnt think the inverters need to talk or anything like that. 30 panels into each and then the ac is sent off to the races.

Im not 100% sold on the SB anyway in case they end up all being out of stock when I try to order. Bad timing for a discontinue.
Plus the growatt 7.6 being nearly half the cost keeps whispering in my ear.

Im gonna check out that video you linked tonight.

Back