diy solar

diy solar

Tap unregister/insured electric car to power house, then years later resell and start over

32 volt boater

Solar Enthusiast
Can you just hook up some alligator clips ?

Use it as a battery for several years then you can just resell as you didn't put any miles on the motor anyway.

Not paying insurance or for DMV extortion stickers its a free battery if you manage to sell it for the same price at a later date.

Can you just hook up some alligator clips ?
No.
Use it as a battery for several years then you can just resell as you didn't put any miles on the motor anyway.
The battery has an internal "computer" that tracks the battery cycles. It's the equivalent of miles on the car.

You can buy used EV car batteries and use it today. BatteryHookup.com comes to mind. It's a little more involved than just alligator clips, since you may need an additional BMS and shunts. But this forum is the right place to do some of that stuff. David Poz on YouTube also has some videos of doing a few of those things.

The DCBEL inverters have bidirectional DC to accomplish this,
But Lipo's are way cheaper than depreciation.

No.

The battery has an internal "computer" that tracks the battery cycles. It's the equivalent of miles on the car.

You can buy used EV car batteries and use it today. BatteryHookup.com comes to mind. It's a little more involved than just alligator clips, since you may need an additional BMS and shunts. But this forum is the right place to do some of that stuff. David Poz on YouTube also has some videos of doing a few of those things.

Looking for ways to screw people is a hard way to live.

I hope you find a better way.

I never said don't tell future potential buyers. Might sell for more if it has capability for use as home power supply and solar chargeable.

And car insurance and especially the DMV, they are not 'people' , more like the ticks you find on the dog.

I can see those DMV parasites wanting payment for unregistered years. Looking for ways to screw people is how they live.

I never said don't tell future potential buyers. Might sell for more if it has capability for use as home power supply and solar chargeable.

And car insurance and especially the DMV, they are not 'people' , more like the ticks you find on the dog.

I can see those DMV parasites wanting payment for unregistered years. Looking for ways to screw people is how they live.
DMV in my state has zero concern for vehicles that aren’t on the road. Now, property tax DOES care about vehicles you own, weather in use or not…

But Lipo's are way cheaper than depreciation
Technically a LIPO battery is also known as Lithium Polymer and is one of the most fire prone batteries available. They are very popular among the RC helicopter crowd because of their light weight. Those users often charge them in fireproof bags or containers and discharge them before returning home to reduce the risk of fire. They may be cheap in the short term but expensive when your home or garage burns down.

Perhaps you mean LFP also known as Lithium Ferro Phophate or LiFePO4.

Unless you have lots of room to store it the kWh to volume ratio doesn't work for most people not to mention tapping or reconfiguring the 400 volt pack.
Have you done the math on buying LFP for less than $200 per kWh, scaling it to your needs and using it for ten years? Also there is a market for used LFP cells which are much safer then the Lithium Ion chemistries used in most EVs. The only thing that makes those chemistries somewhat safe is the BMS which would probably be disabled in this concept. Years ago I bought a complete Nissan Leaf pack and removed the modules. I reconfigured them into a nominal 48 volt pack and used it for several years. Ultimately when I decided I needed more storage I found this site and ordered some LFP 280s from the reputable vendors here. I sold the Leaf modules

Last edited:
Back