diy solar

diy solar

TBD-Smart Shunt question

Wiltonh

People say this shunt is very similar to the Victron smart shunt but I have found one difference. If you go to the history page in the TBD app it looks very similar to the page shown for history on the Victron device. About half way down the page there is a section called Energy. On the Victron app the input energy and the output energy are very similar. On the TBD shunt history page the energy out is almost twice the energy in. This does not seem possible. There must be a bug in the app.

In the TBD-smart Shunt app there is a support email address. They answered me within 24 hours. I was impressed.

serviceFE@outlook.com

They wanted me to do the zero current calibration. I had not done that when setting up the shunt as mine read zero with no load.

They asked if I had a constant load which was true. It is 0.6 amps. If you have a constant load and you did not do the zero current calibration it can mess up the Energy calculation.

It has only been 2 days but that seems to have fixed the issue. I removed all wires from the load side of the shunt and then did the calibration.

Back