diy solar

diy solar

Test Hand Cart 3000W Near Completion

Now one year in service, and no issues at all. Victron, BattleBorn, Cooper/Bussman and Blue Sea Systems equipment has been bulletproof. PV still outputting well, occasionally over full rating in good sun.

I‘ve been considering converting a van for travel when my wife retires… this system might get a new home. :) I’m very happy with the outcome.

RickP I've admired your setup and it has been an inspiration as I work on a "similar" handcart system. However, I am using the Growatt 3K all-in-one and 8 Lishen 272ah cells. I'm curious about your use of a circuit breaker, from your battery bank to your inverter. Would you share what brand/model and amperage you used, as well as the wire gauge you used? My wire runs will be short like yours. Thank you!​

RickP I've admired your setup and it has been an inspiration as I work on a "similar" handcart system. However, I am using the Growatt 3K all-in-one and 8 Lishen 272ah cells. I'm curious about your use of a circuit breaker, from your battery bank to your inverter. Would you share what brand/model and amperage you used, as well as the wire gauge you used? My wire runs will be short like yours. Thank you!​

Thanks! The system remains in service, failure free… the model of “set it and forget it” consistency. The circuit breakers have a dual purpose throughout: obviously for overload/short protection, but also as convenient disconnect points should maintenance be required. The main is a 200A 48VDC Cooper Bussman Weatherproof Marine Rated breaker (CB187F-200) purchased from Amazon. The cable is 2/0 on both sides. Never even gets warm. I did the lugs with a large Temco manual crimper, and they’ve proven rock-solid.

Let me know if you need anything else, I’m glad to help.

Back