diy solar

diy solar

the rapidly changing inverter landscape

7 to 21s, so not very high voltage.
You might get away with series connecting multiple batteries if multiple BMS control a single relay, or if you put a big honking bypass diode across each battery.
I have two of these, up to 20s, I'll just stick with 48V nominal and let others blaze a trail forwards.

Me 3. His pronunciation of Ah drives me mad but his content is great, no bs and calls it like he sees it.
I had a few good laughs from the king kong video and I'm on the HF 48V train.
It is hard enough to find properly rated components that are rated for 48V DC, I can't imagine 80 to 120V DC. Price goes up considerably the higher the DC voltage.

Maybe in the future as copper prices for example, go much higher we will see more high DC voltage systems and components. Some things from EV's can currently be adapted but how much supply is really out there?

It is hard enough to find properly rated components that are rated for 48V DC, I can't imagine 80 to 120V DC. Price goes up considerably the higher the DC voltage.

Maybe in the future as copper prices for example, go much higher we will see more high DC voltage systems and components. Some things from EV's can currently be adapted but how much supply is really out there?
Time will tell.
I'm interested from an efficiency and lower current standpoint.
I suppose as V2L becomes more mainstream we will see a lot more availability of components.

Reactions: Zwy
Schneider electric.
Well I think of all the products made by Square D Modicon and other brands they now own and am well disappointed.
I cant speak for the Home inverters but the industrial products some of them make you scratch your head.
Connectivity issues and clunky?

They make a smart motor starter that if you cycle the power to it and then it looses connectivity it simply won't run.
It needs the coms to tell it what it supposed to do/
And there is no hard wired solution, your just not using that starter until you establish coms.
The Modicon controller used to built like a tank, now its clearly a Telemechanic product and its fluffy crap..

We have a saying where i work
Schneeder is proof that 60 million frenchman can be wrong
I have the schneider 6848pro with charge controllers and insight home.
I originally hated the idea of the insight home until i realised it does it all. I sit in front of a computer and type to change settings for any of the pieces from the same program. I did not hate it after that. I dont think its awesome, but its ok.

After i used the schneider equipment for a while, i developed a severe allegy to any pv/inverter equipment that
fans hot air out the bottom. I really like that the schneider equipment lets it rise out the top.
Quiet, very quiet.
I have had good experiences with it all so far.

Yeah Mike’s a cool guy. I’ve been following his channel for close to a year also. I think he’s really the only high voltage channel on YouTube. At least residential.

That inverter of his is a workhorse.

Back