diy solar

diy solar

They want to charge you for using the sun now

• Thread starter Deleted member 9967
  • Start date
Hell they do it here on the daily.
Just walk in your yard and if you ask them who they are it” County assessor or County Inspector” like that is supposed to be like saying GOD or something.

I had one of these bastards open my shed to see what was in it.

Needless to say they now all have locks and no windows.
Found the post I was referring to. If true, it is just another big brother government worry as we all know the utility companies are highly regulated by the government.

I'm going to have to call BS, on that. This is still a free country.
I didn’t say I agreed with it, if you need to reference some of the statutes , look up “The United States Waters Act”... Passed by mr O in about 2009 or 10 . A citizen does not own any of the water in his creeks , rain, underground and any of the runoff from his land… its very revealing.
to much to say here… I have read it. I know farmers up here who have been fined for violating it…

Last edited:
I didn’t say I agreed with it, if you need to reference some of the statutes , look up “The United United States Waters Act”... Passed by mr O in about 2009 or 10 . A citizen does not own any of the water in his creeks , rain, underground and any of the runoff from his land… its very revealing.
to much to say here… I have read it. I know farmers up here who have been fined for violating it…
I remember that..

I didn’t say I agreed with it, if you need to reference some of the statutes , look up “The United United States Waters Act”... Passed by mr O in about 2009 or 10 . A citizen does not own any of the water in his creeks , rain, underground and any of the runoff from his land… its very revealing.
Interesting yet sad at the same time. I have three bodies of water on my property and a 30-06 that says different.
On the flip side, my property borders a stream out back. Since I owned it beavers built the first dam that you could drive an ATV over. Second dam downstream is getting there. Net is I am out 1/4 to 1/2 acre of land. I cannot kill the beavers because they are protected so can I charge the government rent to store their water on my land?

Found the post I was referring to. If true, it is just another big brother government worry as we all know the utility companies are highly regulated by the government.

Two meters is how it used to be done. Before the bidirectional meters. One on your production and one on your usage. Math decided if you earned or paid.

Interesting yet sad at the same time. I have three bodies of water on my property and a 30-06 that says different.
On the flip side, my property borders a stream out back. Since I owned it beavers built the first dam that you could drive an ATV over. Second dam downstream is getting there. Net is I am out 1/4 to 1/2 acre of land. I cannot kill the beavers because they are protected so can I charge the government rent to store their water on my land?
Any water flowing to a larger stream that eventually joins any river system or feeds to the ocean is prohibited from your messing with or use….that pretty much means any creek or the overspill of any pond or natural spring thst flows to another source Flowing to a larger tributary..( that’s everything…. Almost)
I scoured it to find the only exception-as I needed A spring to feed my water tanks…IF a spring surfaces on your land but then disappears back INTO your land BEFORE it leaves your property, then you can mess with it…
I had one that met those conditions ,so I was ok…
I totally do not agree with any of this..everyone needs to read it…

but in this forum I will say as a God fearing , good citizen I will dutifully abide by all Laws.?

I’m thinking a lot of that got repealed but I remember when it happened.
State to state got some options and wiggle room I understand but this is a huge country and to assume anything is not smart… to many variables in play… I’m. not speaking as a professional , its where you live dictates how they choose to enforce it… it has been several years since I needed to reference it and our county laws in the mountain… im jus saying , it is a real thing…and it’s a damn serious violation if you don’t know what your doing…and they don’t like it…

Two meters is how it used to be done. Before the bidirectional meters. One on your production and one on your usage. Math decided if you earned or paid.
You confused me there. What I read is a way to read your PV production.

The update is that the tax is not being considered.

"We are happy to report that the authors of SB 846 have agreed to clarify in writing that the bill will not impose a Solar Tax on the solar energy you produce and consume at home. This means you no longer need to call or email your Senator or Assemblymember!

In other words, you helped defeat the Solar Tax. Again.
This is the third time in the last year we have had to fight to stop a fast-moving Solar Tax proposal. In all three cases, your emails and calls made the difference.

Today, the public flooded state lawmakers with thousands and thousands of calls and emails. The message went through loud and clear. "

Any water flowing to a larger stream that eventually joins any river system or feeds to the ocean is prohibited from your messing with or use….that pretty much means any creek or the overspill of any pond or natural spring thst flows to another source Flowing to a larger tributary..( that’s everything…. Almost)
I scoured it to find the only exception-as I needed A spring to feed my water tanks…IF a spring surfaces on your land but then disappears back INTO your land BEFORE it leaves your property, then you can mess with it…
I had one that met those conditions ,so I was ok…
I totally do not agree with any of this..everyone needs to read it…

but in this forum I will say as a God fearing , good citizen I will dutifully abide by all Laws.?
Interesting, do you have a source? Is this federal or state?
Either way I do not see you stating I can shoot the bevers ruining my land. :)

"We are happy to report that the authors of SB 846 have agreed to clarify in writing that the bill will not impose a Solar Tax on the solar energy you produce and consume at home. This means you no longer need to call or email your Senator or Assemblymember!

This is the third time in the last year we have had to fight to stop a fast-moving Solar Tax proposal. In all three cases, your emails and calls made the difference.

Today, the public flooded state lawmakers with thousands and thousands of calls and emails. The message went through loud and clear. "
I am glad it failed… but like always they are a skilled bunch at slowly advancing the foot ball a few yards at a time… they knew it would fail…this time and maybe next time too . but they got the topic in the public arena and will try again and again… that’s how they work…. be on watch for tricks.
maybe one day they will go to far and we can through most of them out of office with votes.
that would be nice

Great news! Do you have a link for such? Just now realized this was CA. Figures.
More amazed that they got all the emails and calls translated into English in time!

Correct, that's how it used to be done. Now it's a single bidirectional meter only monitoring import and export from and to the grid.
OK got it. Thanks for the clarification.
Still do not trust it. I am net-zero, if they tried it by me, court would be involved.

Interesting, do you have a source? Is this federal or state?
Either way I do not see you stating I can shoot the bevers ruining my land. :)
As I said , The United State Waters Act.

federal law ….enforcement is all over the place depending where you are and what polititians are in your district…

as far as the beavers go , buy em some buscuits at Hardee's..
they are cool critters… have a sit down with em… im sure they will work with ya, ?

federal law ….enforcement is all over the place depending where you are and what polititians are in your district…

as far as the beavers go , buy em some buscuits at Hardee's..
they are cool critters… have a sit down with em… im sure they will work with ya, ?
I believe it was additions to the “ Clean water act” originally passed in 1972.
Obama added some to it and most of those rules were repealed in 2019.

Can’t find anything on “The United States water act”

Last edited:
Sorry, I missed that. Late here. Like you mentioned, I am up in the NorthEast and they really do not enforce such here. I would imagine they would out West in the farmlands and in the desert.

Beavers are great. Just keep destroying their dambs, until they build it where you want it. You can even help them get started in the preferred location.
You forget, beavers have more rights than I or my land has and I will end up in jail. :)

diy solar

diy solar
Back