diy solar

diy solar

Thicker Wires Top Balancing makes huge difference!!

That’ll probably work, but you better have a secondary/backup voltage shutoff. Don’t trust anything. Voltages near finish can rocket up in seconds.

It may not act like a true cc/cv power supply. Some switching power supplies can be fickle. You don’t want fickle around thousands of dollars worth of cells. You get what you pay for.

this thread reminded me of another thing to upgrade:
tonight >>> I just changed the banana plug and alligator clamps on the Riden 6024 to 10AWG silicone wires with 30amp rated copper ring terminals and the difference was truly amazing... when I turned it back on with the same settings the watts charging went up 4 times (vs the banana clip and alligator clamps) and was instantly on constant current vs constant voltage....
I turned the voltage back down to 3.40 for overnight charging of the new LF280k version 3 cells.... I am charging two cells at a time connected in parallel.... in preparation for top balancing....
the red and black silicone-insulated pure copper wire was tinned also, >>>> but the only thing was getting all of the tiny strands in the terminals was a small struggle.
I used a 10-ton hydraulic crimper with 6mm dies and it worked great...
Tomorrow, I will add the heat shrink to the exposed copper to improve it a bit...
I made them 24-inches long as I find it sometimes a challenge locating the benchtop Riden 6024 in a good location and I think you will benefit from the extra length.... maybe even longer would have been better... just my opinion for more comfortable positioning of things! 🤔
thanks for the reminder.....

Back