diy solar

diy solar

Third Times a Charm....

SolarScott

Solar Enthusiast
Finally got my barn minisplit....one more on the way.....can't wait to see how workable it keeps the barn this winter....Thank you Signature Solar for bringing products to the market at a reasonable price....otherwise I could not afford to do these kinds of things.....(anybody know of a way to make a giant "door draft dodger" to seal the crack at the bottom of my barn door? Need something a couple of inches in diameter to fill with maybe sand? and lay in front of the door. A hollow pool noodle 20' long would be perfect.

You are using a mini split to heat an uninsulated barn?

That should be interesting.

You might be able to fashion a door sweep out of some heavy duty vinyl baseboard trim. They sell that at Lowes and home depot.

Finally got my barn minisplit....one more on the way.....can't wait to see how workable it keeps the barn this winter....Thank you Signature Solar for bringing products to the market at a reasonable price....otherwise I could not afford to do these kinds of things.....(anybody know of a way to make a giant "door draft dodger" to seal the crack at the bottom of my barn door? Need something a couple of inches in diameter to fill with maybe sand? and lay in front of the door. A hollow pool noodle 20' long would be perfect.
If you could find some small diameter fire hose I bet that would work perfectly.

You are using a mini split to heat an uninsulated barn?

That should be interesting.

You might be able to fashion a door sweep out of some heavy duty vinyl baseboard trim. They sell that at Lowes and home depot.
Just had one inch spray foam put in this summer....did not get mini splits in time to check the cooling capacity.....will have to see how we do on heat. Got to finish restoring my dad's 1973 F100 this winter....don't want to freeze my ass off.

Just had one inch spray foam put in this summer....did not get mini splits in time to check the cooling capacity.....will have to see how we do on heat. Got to finish restoring my dad's 1973 F100 this winter....don't want to freeze my ass off.
Ok, so it has some insulation and you just need it warm while you are working on the car.

I would probably use a 30# propane tank and a radiant top heater but maybe the mini split will work?

Ok, so it has some insulation and you just need it warm while you are working on the car.

I would probably use a 30# propane tank and a radiant top heater but maybe the mini split will work?
Sure propane is great, just ask Hank Hill, but I am so deep into this solar crap, I cannot stop. Besides, once the used panels and mini splits are paid for, the running of them is free. Also be nice to cool it off in the summer when it's 105 and were are working on a piece of equipment. Gonna set them up a little closer to the floor than the ones in the house....I figure the cool will layer down closer to the floor....the heat will rise.

Buy a roll of the plastic baseboard trim like you'd see at a doctor's office to help seal the bottom of the doors.

Back