diy solar

diy solar

This battery tickles a few fancys!

IIRC the case is screwed together, could one upgrade those wires?

Another thing that concerns me is physics. The claim is that the little plastic module has a cigarette lighter, a USB distribution, an Anderson plug, and still has room for a real MPPT controller in there?

If @willprowse ever gets bored enough to take another look at the new version, I'm sure he can figure out if there is actually an MPPT controller in there or if it's just a cheap PWM.
Ya perhaps the wires can be upgraded, but not without voiding the warranty.

This unit is close to being perfect. For me, perfection would be able to do 10amps continuous, 100W USB-C PD, perhaps a little bit more solar. It has a MPPT controller apparently.

I'm excited to see what they do next with the next version of the battery. I really like the Hub idea. not everyone needs an inverter. This is a PERFECT way for me to run a 12V fridge for camping. It literally plugs right in (looks super clean) and lasts for days and days.

I don't think so, the wires behind the power pole adapter are only 16Ga.

For pulling max amps, using terminals as a normal LifePO4.

I just like how the Cigarette socket is nicely integrated, so for 12V fridge it's a really clean plug and play solution. Can also charge with a 100W panel easily by directly plugging into the hub+battery.
The hub on my brand new setup will not run 12v refrigerator for very long and that’s why I purchased it ?. Sometimes takes 5 or times pressing the on/off button before it will com back on ?.

Back