diy solar

diy solar

This is a tiny 5 position busbar rated for up to 12 awg and 20 amps

Wago wire connectors available from two to five wire ports from almost any electrical supplier, also on Ebay and Amazon... I use them all over my solar systems with great results...

When connecting more than 3 wires, they're a lot more reliable than traditional wire nuts. (They're also more expensive). These work with both stranded and unstranded wire (unlike the cheaper Gardiner-Bender push-ins, which work only with solid wire and can't be disassembled.) The clamps are vibration proof, that's especially important for reliability in RV environments. Their only bad limitation is being unavailable for wire sizes 10-AWG and bigger.

When connecting more than 3 wires, they're a lot more reliable than traditional wire nuts. (They're also more expensive). These work with both stranded and unstranded wire (unlike the cheaper Gardiner-Bender push-ins, which work only with solid wire and can't be disassembled.) The clamps are vibration proof, that's especially important for reliability in RV environments. Their only bad limitation is being unavailable for wire sizes 10-AWG and bigger.
The 221-6xx series is 6mm2 which is equivalent to 10 awg.
I use them to great effect with stranded 10awg.

Back