diy solar

diy solar

This is my baby!

When I received the text with the non official estimate I asked did he fat finger a zero. My father inlaw thought I was joking until I told he for the third time I wasn't. Overhead was 100k. Underground with a boring rig was going to be 28K. On top of all of this I was going to get charged 35 photon fee per month too.

When I received the text with the non official estimate I asked did he fat finger a zero. My father inlaw thought I was joking until I told he for the third time I wasn't. Overhead was 100k. Underground with a boring rig was going to be 28K. On top of all of this I was going to get charged 35 photon fee per month too.
I'm putting another 6k in my system and adding 2 more inverters and 2 batteries. 20 more panels sometime in the next year.

I ask because I am on my second set of 6500s and have power outage issues that started weekly and now are daily again. The symptoms are a little different from the previous set. I have lost faith in the 6500s going to call tomorrow to see if I can return and get an 18kpv. There must be people out there that run them without issues, I've had no luck with mine.

I ask because I am on my second set of 6500s and have power outage issues that started weekly and now are daily again. The symptoms are a little different from the previous set. I have lost faith in the 6500s going to call tomorrow to see if I can return and get an 18kpv. There must be people out there that run them without issues, I've had no luck with
Is it a load issue? Explain the symptoms please. Unfortunately I've had a time with them too but I've learned a lot too.

MF80 faults that shut down inverters (CAN communication fault.) The first set started to fault once a week then would fault every evening when switching from PV/Battery to Battery only. They were replaced by Signature Solar. The replacements worked for fine for a week then F80 shut down around noon time. They have been shutting down weekly then every few days and now seems daily in the middle of the day. Haven't noticed load being an issue. Has only shut down once or twice when on battery only, but didn't fault just came back on in a few seconds.

What batteries?
MF80 faults that shut down inverters (CAN communication fault.) The first set started to fault once a week then would fault every evening when switching from PV/Battery to Battery only. They were replaced by Signature Solar. The replacements worked for fine for a week then F80 shut down around noon time. They have been shutting down weekly then every few days and now seems daily in the middle of the day. Haven't noticed load being an issue. Has only shut down once or twice when on battery only, but didn't fault just came back on in a few seconds.
What batteries do you have? How is your cables ran? The wire coming from the inverter to the master battery is directional. How are they addressed. Master should be 0000 the rest larger. Mine are set in binary order because that matters only to me lol.

It happens with batteries in USE and no coms connected. I wish it were that easy. I have went through many variables No loads, different PV strings disconnected etc, etc. I don't believe it is a battery com issue, I think it is a split phase inverter com issue. The fact that it works for a week at a time in between seems strange to me.

What batteries do you have? How is your cables ran? The wire coming from the inverter to the master battery is directional. How are they addressed. Master should be 0000 the rest larger. Mine are set in binary order because that matters only to me lol.
EG4 Lifepower4 6 each.

The only time that I had the F80 fault was when I had a battery communication failure.

It happens with batteries in USE and no coms connected. I wish it were that easy. I have went through many variables No loads, different PV strings disconnected etc, etc. I don't believe it is a battery com issue, I think it is a split phase inverter com issue. The fact that it works for a week at a time in between seems strange to me.
From you menu go up till you see your firmware. What is U1 U2 U3 on each.

Back