diy solar

diy solar

this works?

davy

Hello, just a question. I have 4 solar panels in serie that are connected with a 15M 4MM2 cable.the problem is that it is winter now and the panels are in the shade.I now want to put them further away where the sun does shine.but from my home to where I want to put the panels is 40/50 meters.which cable do I need for this? the speccs of one solar panel are ;
Max. Power (Pmax): 110W
Max. Voltage (Vmp): 19.10V
Max. Current (Imp): 5.76A
No-load voltage (Voc): 23.2V
Short circuit current (Isc): 6.15A
Operating temperature: -45°C ~ +85°C
Cells: 36 * Monocrystalline

Icoon voor Geverifieerd door de communityso i have four of them in serie.

Thanks,best regards davy.

Openen in Google Translate

Feedback

Webresultaat met sitelinks​

Last edited:
For that low current you could get away with 10 awg cable. You could use 8 awg to reduce voltage loss but probably not worth it.

hello, I want to place a heavier 170w panel next to my existing panels which I have already indicated above, but in a separate string.I have another Victron MPPT and I want to connect it to my same battery. So 2 MPPT on the same battery bank.specc of the other panel are
Maximum power (Pmax): 170W
Max. Voltage (Vmp): 18.5V
Max. Current (Imp): 9.20A
No-load voltage (Voc): 22.8V
Short circuit current (Isc): 9.94A
Temperature coefficient of Voc: -0.36% / K
Temperature coefficient of Isc: 0.05%/K
Temperature coefficient of power: -0.44% / K
Normal cell temperature: 44 +/- 2 C
Operating temperature: -40 ~ +85 C

just like my other panels, it is at a distance of 50m I use 6mm2 for this, but this cable is also suitable for the new panel? thank u greetings.

Openen in Google

When you reduce the voltage you need a thicker cable to cover such a distance. If you put the numbers into that calculator even for a 5% voltage drop you'd need 25mm2. Obviously not going to be practicable over such a distance. I'd recommend just finding the best spot you can near the house.

Get used to using the calculator I linked, you have all the information you need and it'll save you time.

Back