diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on Newtipower Lifepo4?

Bermudez

Does anyone have experience with these Netipower batteries?

I am installing a 12v rooftop air conditioning that I purchased off Alibaba in my Sprinter Van. Thought I would be brave with the AC and save some money ($600 to my door in Seattle,WA), but don’t want to take the same risk with the batteries.

I thought I would be worthwhile to upgrade my 300ah 12v AGM battery bank to a 500-700AH 12v Lithium Ion bank.

I am looking at the Newtipower 240ah 12v battery due to it’s size (I can fit 3 in the space where my current bank lives) and price ($599/240ah@12v). It seems too good to be true for the price. I am worried about the build quality and actual capacity. Advice would be much appreciated.
D8086C4D-2E59-44A0-B48E-D3B21157BACA.png

Well I just got one of their 280Ah last month. Here is what I know so far-

This is a new brand from China with another goofy name but they seem to have made some wise design choices. Small form factor eliminating most of the dead air space to fit most battery boxes, and low temp charge protection according to the specs. I don't have a proper test bench to confirm capacity and low temp cutoff and I don't really want to cut this one up. Another nice feature is a voltage/capacity meter on top for easy reference. Outer build quality looks good, terminals are solid, dimensions are accurate and it fit perfectly. The latest version has been increased to 300Ah for $899

Does it work? I just spent 9 days camping in Oregon, mostly off grid. It charges quickly from shore power, solar, or gen. Starts the gen easily (which early SOK batteries did not), and the lowest SOC we saw after normal use in mostly shaded campsite was 75% on a rainy evening with little sun that day. So far I am giving thumbs up for form and function. Would be great to see a destructive analysis on these to confirm build quality, capacity, and low temp cutoff. At this size and price point they are very attractive.

50A max charging? That's going to take a while to recharge...
5 hours @50A if you take it down to 10% SOC. It would be a rare event for me to take it this far down unless
I get a week of rain. My typical charge profile is around 35A so this is a good match for my Class C RV.

I just bought two of the 200Ah batteries from Newt on Amazon. Can't beat the price, but you get what you pay for. I am currently testing them. They seem to have close to the rated capacity(I tested with intermittent low and high drain to emulate my use scenario, so that probably was the reason they were not 200Ah). I was able to draw 145 amps off of just one while running my microwave with no issues. It also drove a 560 watt toaster(inductive load) as well as a 1200 watt coffee maker with no issues at all. The small form factor is a huge plus. My batteries are in my camper and I live in low-elevation Arizona, so I am not concerned about cold charging protection. I am not sure if it has this feature. I will drop a post once I am able to fully assess these. The 200Ah compact is currently at $499 on Amazon and the shipping is free and speedy.

I'm looking for any updated info on these batteries. I bought 2 of their 200ah, small footprint batteries and so far, they seem to be doing what they should. The company has NO web presence, they keep saying they're working on it but who knows. I haven't seen a tear down review yet. Has anyone?

I've bought three batteries this year. One back in June to make a portable power station with an inverter and two will go into powering my camper for off grid use. All are 100 ah 12v. The others were bought in September.

The single 100ah did just fine running my 12v appliances, fridge, heater and LED lights in the camper during deer season. We went from 70 as high temps to 30s for high temps here in Michigan. I had mixed clouds and sun and was able to keep it charged enough except for the coldest day and night. It was very cloudy and gloomy and low temp protection kept the battery from charging.

This winter I will be moving the battery storage inside the camper and rewiring it. I am considering an all in one mppt charger inverter installation as well. So far I have had no issues with NewtiPower.

Dan

They have a small form factor 300ah which I have not seen before and it's suspiciously cheap. I could fit 600ah in the same space I have planned for a 460 format in my trailer. Any experiences with this? $110 coupon makes it crazy cheap.1000010216.png

Any updates on this battery. I am looking for 3x12v 100ah for a 36v Trolling motor. As for the voltage/charge display on top, is it accurate? I understand that if it’s wired just to the terminals and not directly to the BMS it’s pretty much useless.

So far my three batteries are doing very well. I received my two free chargers recently too and they seem to work fine with acid or LiFePo4. I built a DIY power station inside of a Bauer rolling toolbox for power on my work sites where electric isn't available or during a power outage. The other two batteries go in my camper or are used to power my shop lights and some shop equipment off of a 2400w inverter. They do a great job thus far.

I received an email from NewtiPower asking about the chargers and I said I receive them and they seem to work fine. I also uploaded an overview video of their batteries being used to my Rumble channel, The Thumb Leatherneck. I asked about a server rack system and they just put one on the market and sent me the link.

Has anyone purchased this one yet?

Dan

diy solar

diy solar
Back