diy solar

diy solar

Three phase 100 KW Inverter recommendation

mapsofilti

Hello,

I am looking for an off-grid inverter recommendation for 100 kW with a specific voltage of 440Y/254 V. 50 Hz is preferred, though we can also work with 60.
I am using hundreds of 350 W panels, so I can configure the wiring of the panels as is best for the inverter.

Thanks in advance!

I was looking at the SolarEdge SE100K-US, (480Y/277 V) but I am not sure that its voltage will be adjustable and I would not want to budget extra for buck boost transformers if there is an inverter that can put out exactly what we need.

I am diverging a bit from a typical setup, specifically because of the climate of my country. Instead of investing in a lot of batteries, I am putting more panels and a larger inverter to power a custom cooling system. All day, at least 30 HP (~25 kW) of compressors will be running to cool liquid which will be circulated throughout the house as radiant floor cooling and/or through air heat exchanges in the night. At night time, I am not expecting to use more than 2 kW to power some electronic devices (e.g. TV, gaming PC, chargers, fans) and the pumps and air circulation for this custom cooling system.

In the day time, I expect the loads to be substantial (sorted by estimated frequency of demand or use time):
- 25 kW estimated for the liquid cooling compressors
- 17 kW for 60.000 BTU air conditioner
- 22 kW for EV charger
- 6 kW x2 250 L hot water tanks
- 2 kW x2 for combo washer dryer units that can take several hours to run
- 0.6 kW gaming PC
- 0.5 kW lighting
- 3 kW kettle
- 1.5 kW microwave
- 6 kW cook top
- 6 kW sauna
- 2.4 kW hair dryer
- 2.4 kW oven

Last edited:
There may be better options for efficient cooling units, instead of the huge inverter.
There are members here on the forum knowledgeable about this equipment, not my forte.
In-floor cooling can result in condensation and mould growth - be careful with the design of humidity controls.

Sol-ark 60k? Parallel 2.
I will take a look at Sol-ark, thanks for the suggestion. I found the model here: https://www.sol-ark.com/sol-ark-60k-3p-480v-n/. They even have a specs sheet in Español. :) I am curious to consider running multiple inverters as separate systems as well, depending on the capacities; i.e. one or two larger inverters for the day-time only loads (air conditioner, water compressors, hot water tanks, EV charger, laundry etc.) and a smaller inverter for the night time or 24/7 circuits.

There may be better options for efficient cooling units, instead of the huge inverter.
There are members here on the forum knowledgeable about this equipment, not my forte.
In-floor cooling can result in condensation and mould growth - be careful with the design of humidity controls.
I am open minded about suggestions! Thanks for the heads up about mould growth. That is one of the main reasons I am considering using more conventional heat exchangers with airflow.

This is what I've found on the Sol-ark voltage selection. Do you guys have any more insight with those particular style of inverters?

1707068428523.png

Update: I have a request out to the Sol-ark engineering team. I will post when I hear back!

Last edited:
Back