diy solar

diy solar

thru the wall with 10 ga solar wire

e67

I have 2 arrays now on 10 ga each and they have to go thru the wall from the outside shop area. I was rigging them today. The arrays will carry 10 amps 300vdc each.
It seems that they shouldn't be right next to each other, touching with that much power but I don't know......so I was thinking I should have a 1 inch pvc thru the wall and also along the inside wall for about 15 ft...they would touch each other inside that pipe but thats pretty big conduit....what do you think??

thats funny because metal is a conductor and plastic isn't..

thats funny because metal is a conductor and plastic isn't..
Even more funny when the metal conduit is grounded "for protection" on a completely irrelevant circuit that will not trip any breaker besides an AFCI I think.

Last edited:
I have 2 arrays now on 10 ga each and they have to go thru the wall from the outside shop area. I was rigging them today. The arrays will carry 10 amps 300vdc each.
It seems that they shouldn't be right next to each other, touching with that much power but I don't know......so I was thinking I should have a 1 inch pvc thru the wall and also along the inside wall for about 15 ft...they would touch each other inside that pipe but thats pretty big conduit....what do you think??
Your PV wire should be rated for 600 volts as direct bury, then 1000v or higher in conduit. Youre good, but need metal conduit if you want to be NEC compliant.

Back