diy solar

diy solar

Titan vs Bluetti AC300 and B300

EddieO

I have been hearing that the portable generator Titan is the best out there. Will said that the Bluetti is his favorite maybe because it uses the LiFePO4 battery. Any opinions on the two types???

Hey Eddieo. I've been looking through the same. My post is below regarding a similar topic:

I found this site after watching many of Will's excellent youtube system building videos- they are awesome, thanks Will!

I'm looking into a powerstation with which I could run a compressor (my Makita 5200 compressor draws 110Volts x 13.8amps = 1518Watts). The powerstation I purchase will also double for camping use as well. So my base requirement is for a powerstation that can support 1518 Watts (and I think that number includes compressor startup/induction).

I'm considering the Bluetti AC200 Max based off my power requirement above, and I may also want to use the powerstation for home use/backup use, and based on the numbers (2048Wh, 2200W Continuous, 4800W Surge, 900 Watts Solar Input ) and cost (~$1,700), it seems to be one of the best choices or best in class at this time - please let me know if that is not so.

I ruled out the Jackery 1500, and Ecoflow Delta (wow that is a nice system, just wish it had Lifepo4 batteries) due to Lithium Ion Batteries. I looked at the Inergy, but that is out of the running because after watching a review video, the unit seemed unable to come apart as designed and then fall apart while reviewed. The Oukitel P2001 also seems like it may be a very good choice (I didn't find any youtube videos that showcased Bluetti vs Oukitel), but the Bluetti package overall still seems to have the best performance numbers at roughly the same cost.

I wouldn't mind also picking up the solar panels from Bluetti as well, but for the package cost just to add those, it seems very expensive upgrade at about $1,300 for just 600 Watts of solar panels, and it seems like the could be some alternatives to use with the AC200 Max other than Bluetti's solar panels.

I agree with Will's assessment that the Bluetti's cables seem a bit all over the place, and when stacking, it's not really a secured stackable unit, and it becomes a bit unwieldly if one expands it, but for myself that is a bit of the "down the road" dilemma (if I use for home and expand). I hope Bluetti resolved some of the issues Will pointed out (were firmware upgrades for this model provided to resolve the issues?), and I saw that some had raised those same questions ("Did Bluetti resolve the screen lockup?") on his youtube review (published on 8/20/2021 about 7 months ago) and Will mentioned it should take about 1/2 year to sort out and upgrade which would be just about now) but I'm not sure they have been addressed by Bluetti at this time (I will look on this forum).

If anyone has suggestions of any other manufacturers or packages that should be considered over the Bluetti AC200 Max, then I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
trj

Hey Eddieo. I've been looking through the same. My post is below regarding a similar topic:

I found this site after watching many of Will's excellent youtube system building videos- they are awesome, thanks Will!

I'm looking into a powerstation with which I could run a compressor (my Makita 5200 compressor draws 110Volts x 13.8amps = 1518Watts). The powerstation I purchase will also double for camping use as well. So my base requirement is for a powerstation that can support 1518 Watts (and I think that number includes compressor startup/induction).

I'm considering the Bluetti AC200 Max based off my power requirement above, and I may also want to use the powerstation for home use/backup use, and based on the numbers (2048Wh, 2200W Continuous, 4800W Surge, 900 Watts Solar Input ) and cost (~$1,700), it seems to be one of the best choices or best in class at this time - please let me know if that is not so.

I ruled out the Jackery 1500, and Ecoflow Delta (wow that is a nice system, just wish it had Lifepo4 batteries) due to Lithium Ion Batteries. I looked at the Inergy, but that is out of the running because after watching a review video, the unit seemed unable to come apart as designed and then fall apart while reviewed. The Oukitel P2001 also seems like it may be a very good choice (I didn't find any youtube videos that showcased Bluetti vs Oukitel), but the Bluetti package overall still seems to have the best performance numbers at roughly the same cost.

I wouldn't mind also picking up the solar panels from Bluetti as well, but for the package cost just to add those, it seems very expensive upgrade at about $1,300 for just 600 Watts of solar panels, and it seems like the could be some alternatives to use with the AC200 Max other than Bluetti's solar panels.

I agree with Will's assessment that the Bluetti's cables seem a bit all over the place, and when stacking, it's not really a secured stackable unit, and it becomes a bit unwieldly if one expands it, but for myself that is a bit of the "down the road" dilemma (if I use for home and expand). I hope Bluetti resolved some of the issues Will pointed out (were firmware upgrades for this model provided to resolve the issues?), and I saw that some had raised those same questions ("Did Bluetti resolve the screen lockup?") on his youtube review (published on 8/20/2021 about 7 months ago) and Will mentioned it should take about 1/2 year to sort out and upgrade which would be just about now) but I'm not sure they have been addressed by Bluetti at this time (I will look on this forum).

If anyone has suggestions of any other manufacturers or packages that should be considered over the Bluetti AC200 Max, then I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
trj
Hey Trj thanks for your input. I saw on Amazon the Max was basically 1900, which is why I think I may purchase the ac200p. It is about 1500. I don't want to spend too much on a solar generator at this time because I am also buying a dual fuel generator and hooking up an inside rocket stove for winters just in case the power goes out. In a year or two I may purchase a top of the line Bluetti and then I will have two solar generators. Did you see the power in the generator Bluetti had and CES early this year? They are getting better and more powerful every year! Also didn't realize how expensive the bluetti solar panels were.

The Bluetti is very hard to pass up with its capability to expand as a system with the Max with the built in battery.

Titan also looks very good from the standpoint of quality, and it's very helpful that for that company it looks like there is actually a live body at the end of the phone if you run into an issue, I hear that's not really the case with Bluetti (and I state all the above with zero experience with any of these companies, just what I've read).

Another that I have seen recently is the Oupes 1800, the Hobotech ran a good review on its little brother, the Oupes 1100;

https://oupes.com/products/oupes1800w-portable-power-station

running 1488Wh and 3000 Surge, (some strong specs with Lifepo4 batteries at around $1400, seems a small powerhouse, searched this site and I don't think it's been even mentioned so it's hard to get a read on it.

Oh yeah, also if you are looking at the 200p, look close at the 200 Max as well because I think at this point it's only about $100 more than the 200 p with greater capabilities than the 200p.

Back