diy solar

diy solar

Tommatech 7.2kw inverter has output voltage from PV solar ports

Solar. Enthusiast

I noticed that my 20 kwh lifepo4 batteries are being drained with no apparent load. And almost 7000w are pulled from grid. I disconnected the solar panels, everything went back to normal.
I measured the voltage on the inverter on the PV panel ports i measured 33V. I connected at 10w resistor and found that a current is flowing.

How is it possible to have output voltage on the PV input port?!

Some designs might bleed current into PV circuit. One guy got a shock, so check voltages and disconnect all sources of power before working on them.

A PV string isn't going to sink any appreciable current. It's Voc and Vmp are well above battery voltage, and if driven to battery voltage or less, just milliamps or microamps would flow. If connected in reverse polarity, various bad things can happen.

7000W is a huge amount. Whatever received that power would quickly get very hot. Or would be getting recharged, if it went into batteries.
Maybe your batteries are powering the inverter to backfeed grid? That could explain batteries being drained and 7000W being PUSHED to grid.

I noticed that my 20 kwh lifepo4 batteries are being drained with no apparent load. And almost 7000w are pulled from grid. I disconnected the solar panels, everything went back to normal.
I measured the voltage on the inverter on the PV panel ports i measured 33V. I connected at 10w resistor and found that a current is flowing.

How is it possible to have output voltage on the PV input port?!
did you fix thius prolblem and what was the cause .

Pv cable connector was cut by someone and he reattached it with some tape. When it's rainy the cable would be shorted to the steel frame. And i found the copper inside cable to be all black carbonized

Back