diy solar

diy solar

"Top-up" generator for backup batteries

Buy an EV with bidirectional charging like mine !!! You can make a lead to plug into the gen port on your inverter and it "sees" the EV as a generator. With my 75kw battery it's a no brainer. Running a 2kw oven in the image here and had no issues running my mini splits during a power cut recently. . Lots of US EV's coming out with this facility now.

IMG_20231113_204711.jpg

That's more complicated. Why not just get an AC to DC charger that will directly connect to your battery? You could use an Anderson connector to connect the charger to the battery when needed.
I'd love to be able to do this, if I understood how and knew that I could charge the SolarEdge batteries from an external charger.

Buy an EV with bidirectional charging like mine !!! You can make a lead to plug into the gen port on your inverter and it "sees" the EV as a generator. With my 75kw battery it's a no brainer. Running a 2kw oven in the image here and had no issues running my mini splits during a power cut recently. . Lots of US EV's coming out with this facility now.

View attachment 194818
This might be a "down the road" idea.

Back