diy solar

diy solar

TP6048 unbalanced grid-tie, and errors 60,61

GlenB

hello,
First day of use with the TP6048. Hooked AC in and PV string. Enabled grid-tie.
Seemed to produce power back to the grid.

Did not notice, at first, the current was unbalanced. 4 amps on L1 and 8 amps on L2.

Did a sanity check by looking at my SMA inverter in grid-tie. L1 and L2 were virtually
identical current values.
I cannot explain why it is different between L1 and L2.

Second problem starts several minutes after I hook up a Lion NMC 140ah battery to the TP6048.
The unit starts charging the battery. Then I get code 60 and 61. The battery charging #14 is set to
LIC. The settings for 11, 17, 18, and 19 seem reasonable for my battery type. I checked the battery on
my BT phone app (JK BMS).

Search on the internet reveals code 60 and 61 shows an old firmware issue, BUT this is a brand new unit.

???
TIA
Glen K4KV

Well just because its new has nothing to do with the shipped version of firmware. I don't think I have ever bought anything brand new that had the most cutting edge version of the firmware installed already.

I'm not saying that's your problem just that you should see if you actually have the newest firmware if you think that might help.

An error code 60 on the tp6048 is :

Current feedback into the inverter is detected.

Check that you don’t have AC Inputs / Outputs switched with Inputs.
Check whether the AC output connected to the grid input.

I am going to answer my own question, for those who might have the same problem...

Error 61 was caused by the inverter expecting the BMS to be communicating. I selected the
generic battery, but I should have selected USE. It does not expect any communication from
the BMS.

I am going to answer my own question, for those who might have the same problem...

Error 61 was caused by the inverter expecting the BMS to be communicating. I selected the
generic battery, but I should have selected USE. It does not expect any communication from
the BMS.
Thanks buddy

Back