diy solar

diy solar

Sungoldpower tp6048 charging issue

dc1

First post here, this forum is a wealth of information. However I can't seem to find anything pointing to a solution to my issue.

My setup
Power fed from unit to 10 circuit generator transfer switch panel
30a breaker going to inverter for charging
Sungoldpower tp6048
2 eg4 48v batteries 1 LL v1, 1 v2 LL-S (which I cannot get to BMS together for some reason)
Solar Assistant monitoring everything, thanks to this forum I found out about this gem
PV - 20 Canadian solar 230w 10s 2p 380ish voc 16a

2 issues
Bigger issue is that this unit seems to think the batteries are full and starts slowing the charge around 60-75%soc. After a call to signature solar about battery charge parameters all being already set correctly I reset the system just to try it. That corrected the issue and it went from 5-9a charge up to the limited 70a output split over the 2 batteries until nearly full.

Charging settings are at recommended settings
56 bulk
54 float
48 cutoff

If I raise the float to 55 or 56 when it's acting up it will charge normally, like it thinks as soon as it hits float voltage it's already time to let it float.

At the slow rate I cannot charge the bank fully before the day is out and I'm stuck using grid at night to recharge on days with plenty of available solar

The other issue is concerning but as I have a large array it's not as pressing.

If I have the charging circuit on (30a breaker) during the day, roughly 1 minute after both batteries reach 100% soc and it stops charging the transformer / inverter starts making some questionable surging sounds and within a few seconds a loud relay clunks then it cuts power output and throws a code 08 bus voltage too high. Then it needs completely all shut down and restarted, resumes function fine, as long as the charging circuit isn't on.
So I leave the breaker off during the day, seems like if there's no PV input it doesn't do it, . And only turn it on nights where it won't make it through the night without charge or if the PV is very weak (150-200w for example)

Sungoldpower had me update firmware to 63.32
But it's still happening and the back and forth is slow

Got it on video and accompanying solar assistant data

The SOC is an estimate, have you tried not charging the batteries to 100%? I had a similar issue once that I managed to resolve by letting the batteries charge to 90-95%.

Back