diy solar

diy solar

SungoldPower 6548 PV input issue

DHardee

I have a new SunGoldPower 6548 that I connected to solar panels today. I connected 4x200 Rich Solar Panels ... the voltage at the panels measured 88v. It was sunny and there was direct light on the panels. The inverter was on and the display was showing 88v but only .2 amp for a total of 18w of input.

I then connected the PV wires to an Ecoflow and it showed input of 583 watts.

Has anyone seen this before? I sent SunGoldPower an email.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

1692389137726.png1692389220062.png

What were you trying to power with the 6548? Did you have a load on it? Batteries charged?
Can you add another panel...?
Screenshot_20230818-161528.jpg

I have 3 48V 50AH batteries, they were partially discharged at 49.8V. There was a medium fridge pulling about 90W and then the invertor.

I have more panels I can add. Thanks.

I just realized that the PV array min voltage is 90v, dang it I might have answered my own post.
Also keep in mind hitting the minimum isn't going to put out that much either. My tp6048 needs 120 volts minimum and I found that while it works at 120 volts it doesn't get all of the watts out of the panels till over 130 volts. From watching it when it starts into the clamp down on the mppt as I like to call it if the volts get to close to the minimum it stops ramping up.

I just realized that the PV array min voltage is 90v, dang it I might have answered my own post.
Keep on doing that. It still helps us who are just learning. What part of AL you from? And Crowz is AL too, so it's a mostly Alabama thread! Crowz what county you in? I'm in Elmore Co. I just ordered twin 6548s w/20kwhr & 5.8kwpv from SunGoldPower for the barn where I charge the car.

Keep on doing that. It still helps us who are just learning. What part of AL you from? And Crowz is AL too, so it's a mostly Alabama thread! Crowz what county you in? I'm in Elmore Co. I just ordered twin 6548s w/20kwhr & 5.8kwpv from SunGoldPower for the barn where I charge the car.
Im in Clay co. Not far from you.

Back