diy solar

diy solar

Sungoldpower SP6548 Error 32

little-dood

I have a situation with error 32 and want to ensure I'm not missing something obvious. (Communication fault between display and main board)

A fresh SP6548 was plugged into a GFCI breaker (batteries not plugged in yet). When I turned it on, it worked for a several seconds then beaker would trip.

Then, I turn it on again, and after the 5th try, I get error 32. Switching the breaker to a "regular" one, the error persists.

I reached out to sungoldpower who then sent me replacement remote display, remote board, and control board.

After replacing all three of these, the error still persists. I've checked for continuity, faults, and almost everything in the service manual. Snooping in on what presumably are the TX/RX lines, I see nothing coherent coming from the control board (the one slotted into the main board)
Anybody experience something similar? Any advice?

I've tried firmware flashing (with LV6548) and only the "MCU" firmware can get flashed but not the "DSP" firmware.

One thing that struck me as odd was that the signal lines (presumably) from the control board to remote board read as 40VAC at 1.2kHz. This could just be high voltage signal lines that present itself as AC. (And CAN hi/low could present like this as well, though, I have no clue what protocols are used)

Back