diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500EX Firmware Update Receive Error

euforia51

Hello all... first post.

This evening, I reluctantly tried to update the firmware on one of my EG4 6500EX inverters starting with the display.
DSP FW version: 79.02 and Panel MCU version: 61.02

After many, many attempts to update with adjusting baud rate (slowing it down from 9600, 4800, 2400), FIFO speed, changing COM ports, etc.
the update will start but randomly stop at various percentages. This screenshot shows 28%.
Sometimes, it's 6%, sometimes, 12%, sometimes in the mid-20s, and one that was 34%.
The inverter is down now with an error code 32: Communication failure between inverter and remote display panel.

After browsing the site and the Internet, I have not found a resolution for this; nor another post that mentions this problem.
It could be the USB-RS232 DB9 adapter I'm using; but if it starts the update, I'm not sure how.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I sent a message to Signature Solar for support but will have to wait until next week for a response.

Thanks very much!

snip_Receive_Error_28percent.PNG

Not sure if this will help but it worked for me.
Post in thread '4 MPP LV6548 / 30 kW EVE 304ah LiFePO4 battery/ 14 kW PV array' https://diysolarforum.com/threads/4...epo4-battery-14-kw-pv-array.32343/post-766465
Thanks for the reply, raurre! You know you might be in trouble when you have to start modding your com cables with resistors. Speaking of which...

I ran out yesterday and bought another USB-RS232 adapter cable from a big box store and it worked. There was a suggestion from another post on here to slow the FIFO buffer speed down in the com port settings menu so that I also did that by default at this point.

The first USB adapter was a generic e-Bay cable that I bought several years ago. And it worked at the time for what I needed it for.. But not so much to flash EG4 firmware.

When I had an error 32, I got around it by reflashing the display firmware again, then I was able to flash the inverter firmware.

Perhaps try updating the firmware using a PC with a 16550A uart in it. If *should* have the proper voltages. I will try and test this myself maybe tomorrow and let folks know how it works.

Back