diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6548 EX firmware update error 32

Oh thats awesome! Let me know if anything changes
Ben, what are your thoughts for solving the '32 warning code' demon? The panel flash went well for all three of my 6000EXs but when I started the CPU flash, that's when the issue started.

I have an eg4 6000ex that is also giving me the flashing 32 warning code and attempting to update the firmware. I also am using windows 11. I know it has been a while since you had to deal with this, but any help would be appreciated. Anyone else who has conquered this 32 fault/warning code please chime in because you know how frustrating this is to deal with.
When I had the error 32 on my 6500, I had to re-run the display firmware again. Once I ran that update (the display itself still showed error 32) I was able to flash the inverter firmware.

When I had the error 32 on my 6500, I had to re-run the display firmware again. Once I ran that update (the display itself still showed error 32) I was able to flash the inverter firmware.

'Warning 32' Resolved!
Eg4 firmware is uploaded and my 3 6000ex inverters are working great!
Thanks you Adam for your video, thank you Ben from SS for the 'warning 32' tip sheet, and thank you to Jared Routon at SS for sending out a brand new USB to Serial cable. I believe all 3 of these contributed to resolving the flashing warning 32 displayed issue.

'Warning 32' Resolved!
Thanks you Adam for your video, thank you Ben from SS for the 'warning 32' tip sheet, and thank you to Jared Routon at SS for sending out a brand new USB to Serial cable. I believe all 3 of these contributed to resolving the flashing warning 32 displayed issue.
Glad to hear things are up and running!

'Warning 32' Resolved!
Awesome! Glad to hear you were able to get it worked out!

I'm also getting Error 32 on an LVX6048. However, I didn't do a firmware upgrade and it is generally working fine other than.... at roughly the same time the unit stopped powering up unless it has active connections on both Battery and Solar inputs. Once I power it up with both it will stay on if I disconnect either. I also saw somebody reference an "unpowered device connected to the USB port" so I tried to disconnect the device I keep connected to the USB port with no luck.

For ~13 months now the inverter has worked fine in off-grid condition with the inverter (aC output, silver button) OFF. The unit maintains battery charge for several 48V DC loads (cameras, network, etc) unless I"m there in person and need 120VAC. Now unfortunately I'm left to having to leave the AC output on all the time which is rough given the standby losses on that unit. Anybody else with similar experience or a solution? I'm on firmware 63.03

mpp-solar -p /dev/hidraw0 -P PI18SV -c VFW
Command: VFW - Device CPU version inquiry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parameter Value Unit
main_cpu_version 6303
slave_1_cpu_version 6021
slave_2_cpu_version 0

I'm also getting Error 32 on an LVX6048. However, I didn't do a firmware upgrade and it is generally working fine other than.... at roughly the same time the unit stopped powering up unless it has active connections on both Battery and Solar inputs. Once I power it up with both it will stay on if I disconnect either. I also saw somebody reference an "unpowered device connected to the USB port" so I tried to disconnect the device I keep connected to the USB port with no luck.

For ~13 months now the inverter has worked fine in off-grid condition with the inverter (aC output, silver button) OFF. The unit maintains battery charge for several 48V DC loads (cameras, network, etc) unless I"m there in person and need 120VAC. Now unfortunately I'm left to having to leave the AC output on all the time which is rough given the standby losses on that unit. Anybody else with similar experience or a solution? I'm on firmware 63.03

mpp-solar -p /dev/hidraw0 -P PI18SV -c VFW
Command: VFW - Device CPU version inquiry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parameter Value Unit
main_cpu_version 6303
slave_1_cpu_version 6021
slave_2_cpu_version 0
We're you able to fix it? Even in am trying to do an update it doesn't work. Always bipping and show warning 32

I had this same issue and found a few threads (this one as well) discussing it. I typically only use Windows through a VM, but my Macbook wasn't playing nice with the serial pass thru. This caused me to have to dig up a VERY old Windows laptop that the battery is shot on.

So, because I have to be plugged in.... and I didn't think about the inverter going offline, causing the plug I was in to lose power.... I started the upgrade and 3 seconds later my laptop was offline. This caused some panic on my end.

After failing over and over again, I cut everything off. Left it for about 5 minutes, reconnected everything and then slowed the connection down to 7200 from 9600. The upgrade succeeded just fine afterwards. Thank goodness. Now I'm dealing with the Error 61, but I'll get it squared away as well.

Back