diy solar

diy solar

Sungoldpower 6548 Voltage Erratic Output?

DHardee

Bought the system in July, have had it connected for a couple of months.

Yesterday I used a multimeter to measure the voltage output from the 6548. The reading was all over the place. It would bounce back and forth from 119 to 31 to 0 to 65 to 119 and similar, different numbers. No steady reading. The system is not showing errors. It was set to pull power from the 48v batteries which were reading around 50v charge.

I took the reading from a couple of wall outlets, it read 122.2 and would bounce up and down a few tenths but not below 122. I took a reading from a small Bluetti that I have and the reading was 111.1-111.3.

Is this what they call dirty power? The 6548 is supposed to have a sine wave inverter. This can't be good for anything connected to it can it? I am going to reach out to the company. I bought the amazon extended warranty for what it is worth. Recommendations are appreciated.

Mine are rock steady at 120v.
If you really were getting voltage wandering around that much you would notice it in your loads so I question whether your multimeter was behaving itself.

Mine are rock steady at 120v.
If you really were getting voltage wandering around that much you would notice it in your loads so I question whether your multimeter was behaving itself.
It is a cheap old multimeter. I’ll get a new one and retest. Thanks!

Man, you would see those kinds fluctuations in any lights.
That's what I was thinking too. Mine pretty much stayed between 119 and 123 and depends on the surge when something like the furnace turns on. Even then it never flashes the lights at all.

Back