diy solar

diy solar

Trying to blowup my MS2812

sunsurfer

Solar Addict
My main(local) inverter right now is a Magna-Sine 2800w low frequency. I sometimes turn it off when I leave for more then 4 hours or so. Eventually my place is getting powered by a power shed(24v and 48v), I hate having inverters/gear in the house for fire safety reasons.

Anyway, came home the other day and turned it back on. I forgot to turn off the 4 freezers and fridge that where all wanting to start at the same time. Usually I do it one at a time. Not to mention everything else that was starting. Easily close to 10K watts from what I guess. It was pissed off, started growling but after about 3 seconds it did start everything up. Compressors saw about 90v. I'm surprised it didn't over load fault. I don't remember the short term start up rating is but I don't think it is that high. Batteries are good for 800 amps continues and I think 1200 for a few seconds. Wish I could of seen the amps to the inverter, It would of been very close to 800.

This inverter gets constant heavy use and just keeps going. I have a new spare but I may never need it. To bad this company went sideways, they had a tough inverter design.

Back