diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18K - Air Conditioning won’t run without grid

EG4 PowerPro battery, 14.3kW 280Ah, 200A max discharge, 306lbs !!!! x2 should be plenty

It's the surge LRA that is the problem, I don't think there is enough battery to handle the surge. PV can help but with a large surge it has losses.

I don't believe in running things to the max, it is hard on equipment. That in itself would make me install a pair of 18Kpv's and probably 4 batteries.

Any other loads on the system with a grid down situation and the 18Kpv with the 2 Power Pro's won't probably work.

Reading this article, one could use 2.5 x 5000W running and see surge at 15Kw. https://eepower.com/technical-artic...rical-load-for-stand-alone-pv-system-sizing/#

I don't know where or how you got to this
There are conversion losses also and that affects output.

Do you have all 4 battery terminals on the 18Kpv occupied with Battery cable? If not, this could starve the 18Kpv.

You should get a MicroAir Easy Start. It makes a huge difference. I'm with Zwy, I think it's the batteries falling over with the surge. A normal 4T A/C can pull as much as 28000 watts during startup, meaning your battery has to produce 500+ amps for a moment... If your battery voltage drops too low it's going to cause resets.

I'm running a pair of 18KPV's with 60KWH of batteries. It always started my 4T, when I only had 30KW of battery (600A) but it seriously caused light flickering, UPS clicking, etc. It actually flicks the lights slightly when on grid if you are paying attention.

With the "Magic Start" the UPS's stopped clicking, and I don't really notice most of the time even in the hottest part of the summer on battery. It will likely let you get away with not buying more battery. In the summer peak my 4T can pull just under 5KW continuous (4.87). In milder cimates you will probably get away with something less.

Back