diy solar

diy solar

Two 6000xp in Parallel Consumption Energy

dareggaemon

I have two 6000xp in parallel connected to a shared diy 52Kw battery bank with 10Kw of PV. I'm looking at the monitoring website and trying to figure out if my consumption energy for my slave inverter is correct. Is this idle consumption and if it it, is it abnormally high?

Please see below screenshot.

1715825363591.png

The next photo is of my current setup. I'm waiting for more funds to buy a 3rd inverter hoping this will fix my eps overload problem. I have another 28.6Kw of lifepo4 batteries pending delivery next month June 16, 2024. Looking at my usage I don't think it should be going into Over load. I'm charging my Car at 240v 16amps, running my toast oven at 120v 14 amps, my 2 ton ac has a micro air which reads 4.3 live current and 21.4 start peak. The rest of my loads is just lights and TVs. With all these items running the AC startup puts the inverter in to EPS Over load. Shouldn't the 6000s surge capability be able to handle the AC start up. I don't think I've ever seen my usage hit 8Kw.

1715826124094.jpeg

For the EPS overload I would make sure that the "Maximum Discharge Current" is set to the combined 280A. This can be found on setting 9 or on the monitoring system. As for the consumption, it does not appear to be idle consumption.

That's a good idea. I don't think I ever set that. I went to setting 9 and it shows 140 on both inverters. I noticed that I had APL for setting 13 and changed it to UPS. I'll see if the inverter goes into over load again.

Hello all I seem to be having similar issues, I have 3 6000xp inverters with 4 powerpro batteries and keep getting that EPS overload. I checked setting 9 as stated above and mine are set to 140. Is that correct or should it be changed to a higher number? This has been frustrating as it seems to happen when running batteries in the evening . Thanks

Hello all I seem to be having similar issues, I have 3 6000xp inverters with 4 powerpro batteries and keep getting that EPS overload. I checked setting 9 as stated above and mine are set to 140. Is that correct or should it be changed to a higher number? This has been frustrating as it seems to happen when running batteries in the evening . Thanks

I would make sure that the "Maximum Discharge Current" or setting 9 is set to the combined 420A. For example on the image below it is set to 280.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 15
BTW....would the same rule apply for the setting of the charging current 420a?

No, the maximum charge current for each inverter is 125A. Therefore, you could do a total of 375A with three inverters, but it is not recommended to operate at this level.

Attachments

• 1717532954839.png
    1717532954839.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 5
Same issue here, two xp's in parallel. Every time I use my dryer i go up to around 6300 watts usage and it overloads. Changed my discharge settings tonight after reading this. Hopefully it solves this issue.

Same issue here, two xp's in parallel. Every time I use my dryer i go up to around 6300 watts usage and it overloads. Changed my discharge settings tonight after reading this. Hopefully it solves this issue.
Feel free to reach out to me if it doesn't resolve the issue for you.

Back