diy solar

diy solar

two new Lifepower batts, blinking error, wont fire up

JimGSolar

Received two new EG4 Lifepower 48V rack mt batteries yesterday. Very cold here, so they were below 0 centigrade when they arrived, so i waited till this morning to try to start them. I have addressed them 0 and 1, I have updated the Firmware, I have them showing on the BMS Test software on my pc. I can see the temperature is measuring 9 degrees C now, according to the BMS Test. The breaker is on, THE WARNING LIGHT BLINKS, the BMS Test software says
SOC LOW ALARM.
Basically it appears they were shipped to me with zero charge. Is there anything I can do to bounce them back? I do not own a charger. My inverter is a EG4 6000XP. I have a couple more batteries, which are fully charged and have been working fine. THANKS!

Warm them up more. Like 70f. While they're off. Then switch on.

Otherwise, try paralleling them with a working battery.

Warm them up more. Like 70f. While they're off. Then switch on.

Otherwise, try paralleling them with a working battery.
This.

I transported some batteries when it was cold out. Took almost a day for the alarm to stop going off once they were inside.

This.

I transported some batteries when it was cold out. Took almost a day for the alarm to stop going off once they were inside.
So you think the alarm will go away on its own, once the battery feels cozy enough? Nothing I need to do but wait. Like I'm good at that...

Back