diy solar

diy solar

Two panel arrays, two inverters, one with DC batteries, will batteries charge from both panel arrays?

Welly

As per the title.
An existing Samil Solar River 3000TL inverter with 3kW panels (nine years old). Running alongside will be a new system with Solis RHI-3.6-48ES-5G hybrid inverter, 3.3kW panels and two Purestorage II 5kWh DC batteries connected to the battery terminals of the Solis. I want to keep the existing system separate as it generates useful FIT payments and any changes will of course invalidate the system and payments would cease.

Will the batteries charge from both panel arrays when excess is being generated over and above house consumption? I will ask the installer when they do a site survey but if at all possible would like to be armed with advice and potential issues so that I can ask relevant questions at that time....

In school the teachers always made us draw a wiring diagram before we messed with stuff. You should too.

Anyway I don't think so cause I looked and a Samil Solar River 3000TL inverter outputs AC current and is that on grid deal, not a solar to battery charge controller for a battery off grid system.

Then there is hybrid, I think thats both

I am still learning stuff too.

1670056317328.png

Attachments

• 1670056287343.png
    1670056287343.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 3
Yeah, I would draw a diagram, but as I stated, the Hybrid systems with batteries has not yet been installed, nor has the survey been done yet. Any circuit I draw from what I understand may mislead and make any answers irrelevant, but here is one anyway:
1670066029091.jpeg

Yes, the nine year old existing installation inverter/panel system is just that, an inverter converting the panel's DC into AC and generating FIT payments, so, on grid. The hybrid inverter will have both panels and batteries attached, DC from panels will charge the batteries the output will be AC but as it's a hybrid it will also be capable of accepting AC input from the grid or (ToU tariff)..., so my question stands: Will it accept any excess AC input on the home circuit whether from the grid or existing inverter/panel AC output?

Anyway, thanks for your response but my question looks like it requires more experienced input. If not, I'll just have to wait for the surveyor, who I hope will be able to answer.

Back