diy solar

diy solar

Two questions, probably for Will:

1) Can we have a place for useful weblinks, and possibly important discussion threads. For example, I've been looking at the International Residential Code (2012 edition which is relevant in my town). If believe this is used by most U.S. municipalities as the basis for their residential building codes. Note that various municipalities chose to refer to different editions, and most (all?) municipalities make amendments to the code.

2) Where would it make sense to post information that pertains to both on/off grid? For example, within the IRC code:
"M2302.4 Inverters.
Inverters shall be listed and labeled in accordance with UL 1741. Systems connected to the utility grid shall use inverters listed for utility interaction."

In other words, all inverters should be UL approved in order to comply with code. The sanctioning risk to operators of non-compliant non-connected systems probably falls in two categories: 1) If your construction requires permitting and inspection; 2) If you have a casualty loss (e.g. fire) which leads to an investigation (insurance or building authority).

Fill me in Will!

Thanks

Rick

diy solar

diy solar
Back