diy solar

diy solar

U.S. begins detaining solar panel imports over concerns about forced labor in China

In my opinion, slave/forced labor happens every second of every day in every country.

- take a long look at women: cook, baby maker, nanny, housemaid, laundry service, dishwasher, grocery service, etc. Then griped at if stay-at-home slave and told no rights to money coming in. A lot more to it but get drift.
- in capitalist economy every person is a slave to debt or status or items etc
- in all countries, ppl will work for pennies to feed the ppl they love = slaves to culture

yep definitely some one who knows what he is talking about and sees the differences between Uyghurs slave labour
and a financial labour slave.

In my opinion, slave/forced labor happens every second of every day in every country.

- take a long look at women: cook, baby maker, nanny, housemaid, laundry service, dishwasher, grocery service, etc. Then griped at if stay-at-home slave and told no rights to money coming in. A lot more to it but get drift.
- in all countries, ppl will work for pennies to feed the ppl they love = slaves to culture
Apples to oranges comparisons. When you have a choice, you are not a slave.

Well since you see it that way I guess we can be done talking about slavery and the Civil war and womens rights as well. SMH.

Apples to oranges comparisons. When you have a choice, you are not a slave.
Yes thats true.

Highest elite find living without status unbearable. Would go broke rather than choose downsize and survive.

Many choose to stay in a job they hate to pay mortgage and feed their kids rather than downsize.

Many women choose to stay in household rather than leave their kids or go to a womens home or seek freedom by living with family, friends or temp in the woods.

I would say is more forced labor rather than slavery. Like in Iran, married women can run then will be keep killed. But there is a choice there.

Forced labor in China is pretty rare. Don’t drink the political koolaid and look at the actual data-in this case, Chinese wage data.
Because we are to suppose that communist Chinese wage data is reliable, and includes slave labor camps which the CPC denies having?

Because we are to suppose that communist Chinese wage data is reliable, and includes slave labor camps which the CPC denies having?
A Nation of 1.2+ Billion people, went from an Agri-Base to Industry Base within their 25 Year Plan. Former Peasants/Farm folks, now earn a respectable wage with benefits, who also worry about their kids, schooling and paying the bills like everyone else. They also now have more Millionaires per capita than pretty much anywhere else. And yes, they also have underclasses and such as well, just like other places... Think Middle East and Other Asian Nations and keep looking westward and southwards....

The Biggest Offence to the west, is that people there can go from Nothing to Something in record Time "Just like the Good Ol Days in the West", who also stomped on the backs of the people to get there.... Let's not EVER Forget that, and it really was not that long ago !

People are People, just trying to earn a living, make their way from day to day and hopefully raise a family that has more & better options than they had growing up. Politics is Politics, the only purpose is to stir up crap & forward agenda's and manipulate.

One thing about the Communists, no one has the Delusion that they are Free nor have all these crazy Rights & Self-Importance, whether it be person, group or corporate entity (Something else the Westerner's hate, they can't boss around the CCCP). The consequences, also never allow "court processes" to be bamboozled into delay after delay for lawyer's profits... Again, they do NOT hide any of these facts from the people.

Some places tell you how free you are, right up until they tell you, not that free, and slammers you go, if your rich/connected enough you can weedle out of it (even become famous for it) and if not... well too bad, sucks to be you, your criminal re-education commences forthwith..

EDIT PS: A Ponderance before freakin out ...
NOT That long ago, Chinese people were Bought & Sold as labour and sent all over the world. Some of that thinking and underlying view of them persists strongly today in "Some Quarters" whether intentional or not. Shed those idiotic notions and realize that human beings world wide regardless of all the other nonsense are smart, capable and have exactly the same fears, worries, needs & wants as everyone else does. The Governments are a freakin distraction from what REALLY MATTERS and that is getting through everyday to the next and hopefully for a long time forward.

I can drop dead any day now (terminal cancer), listen & hear, what you have today & forward is precious, don't waste it on stupid shit. The only thing that really matters is your family and the future they will have.

Last edited:
I can drop dead any day now (terminal cancer), listen & hear, what you have today & forward is precious, don't waste it on stupid shit. The only thing that really matters is your family and the future they will have.
Well I don’t like that you’re ill

but I 100% agree the future beyond the now is the value of our contemporary efforts and character with interest.

can`t imagine that you defend slave or forced labour of any kind.
In the U.S we use slave labor (Prisoners) to make all kind of products, even electronics for the Patriot missile system. Look at the Nexflex documentary 14th.

PayPal is already a well establish bank in the US. Which gas China full access through PayPal into the US banking system Any company in China has to have a Chinese person running it. If you remember Walmart was it in China and then Chyna kick them out subsequently they return to China with the state relation that the Chinese individual had to be in charge of it, this is how they get corporate secrets and direct inside access to US. The bill that the house is drafting 3.5 trillion include the stipulation that accounts with more than $600 have to be reported PayPal and his other online institutions have a loophole where you can use them as a bank bypassing the US laws. You could buy and cell products Using a PayPal account but the government you do not have to report that income in that account, this is how people launder money using PayPal.

much more reliable than ”activists“, politician, and people who do the talking without the thinking. In fact, if you put your emotions aside and actually looked at wage reports by foreign companies operating in China, outbound FDI from China to SEA, and price inflation in China, you should be able to reconcile them with the official wage data.

the closest thing to slave labor in China is prison labor. Not pretty, but not unique to China.

PayPal is already a well establish bank in the US. Which gas China full access through PayPal into the US banking system Any company in China has to have a Chinese person running it. If you remember Walmart was it in China and then Chyna kick them out subsequently they return to China with the state relation that the Chinese individual had to be in charge of it, this is how they get corporate secrets and direct inside access to US. The bill that the house is drafting 3.5 trillion include the stipulation that accounts with more than $600 have to be reported PayPal and his other online institutions have a loophole where you can use them as a bank bypassing the US laws. You could buy and cell products Using a PayPal account but the government you do not have to report that income in that account, this is how people launder money using PayPal.
Sorry, that makes no sense. Can you quantify and quality the phrase “full access to US banking system”?

n the U.S we use slave labor (Prisoners) to make all kind of products, even electronics for the Patriot missile system. Look at the Nexflex documentary 14th.
if true, it should be called out yet to detain panels seems extreme considering similar issues pretty much everywhere
Soooooo. Is this a political board?

I think I’m backing out of this thread after this post. For two reasons:
1) freedom/dignity in china is at least a 500 page book
. a) I don’t have the time
. b) I’m no expert on china
2) this has devolved into needing another 350 page book to debunk and support various opinions
. a) china of course has a robust and documented tradition of admirable human rights sensitivity (sic)
. b) china is an excellent example to the world of moral government management of the citizenship (sic)
. c) the US is transparent and honest with wholesome intentions in how/what it suppresses to import or warmly invites to import (sic)

The old saw, “follow the money” may reveal the past. But looking to the future thinking, “who benefits” can be more revealing.

IMHO Detainment of panels on its basis doesn’t address the stated problem. But it seems - as some others have also suggested- that it does address some political goals.

"CBP imposed the ban in June on Hoshine Silicon, which produces raw materials used in solar panels. The agency said it had information “reasonably indicating” that Hoshine, which operates plants in China’s Xinjiang region, uses forced labor, a finding that triggered the ban because U.S. law prohibits the import of goods made by coerced workers.

Hoshine had been linked by The Washington Post and human rights researchers to coercive state labor programs targeting Uyghurs and other minorities."

Soooooo. Is this a political board?

I think I’m backing out of this thread after this post. For two reasons:
1) freedom/dignity in china is at least a 500 page book
. a) I don’t have the time
. b) I’m no expert on china
2) this has devolved into needing another 350 page book to debunk and support various opinions
. a) china of course has a robust and documented tradition of admirable human rights sensitivity (sic)
. b) china is an excellent example to the world of moral government management of the citizenship (sic)
. c) the US is transparent and honest with wholesome intentions in how/what it suppresses to import or warmly invites to import (sic)

The old saw, “follow the money” may reveal the past. But looking to the future thinking, “who benefits” can be more revealing.

IMHO Detainment of panels on its basis doesn’t address the stated problem. But it seems - as some others have also suggested- that it does address some political goals.
I asked you for proof as to what you are saying, I gave facts. You offered nothing but conjecture, so yes you should back out and take this with you

Last edited:
"CBP imposed the ban in June on Hoshine Silicon, which produces raw materials used in solar panels. The agency said it had information “reasonably indicating” that Hoshine, which operates plants in China’s Xinjiang region, uses forced labor, a finding that triggered the ban because U.S. law prohibits the import of goods made by coerced workers.

Hoshine had been linked by The Washington Post and human rights researchers to coercive state labor programs targeting Uyghurs and other minorities."
After skimming thru this article ....my opinion of this is that this ban from that region only is designed to provide a "talking point".
The purchases from this region in 2020 was about $150 million .... the total amount of solar panels imported from China in 2020 was about $8 billion. So, it is a drop in the bucket .... and it will probably be easy for them to move the panels around so it appears they are coming from somewhere else.

Back