diy solar

diy solar

Unable to switch 2 parallel-connected 100ah RENOGY smart LFP batteries into shelf mode

Msutcliffe

Unable to switch 2 parallel-connected 100ah RENOGY smart LFP batteries into shelf mode. No loads or other charging sources connected.
RENOGY blue dongle just stays bright blue during long press, or goes dim then brightens again within 1-2 seconds.
RENOGY Battery monitor screen power button long press causes an under voltage error code 05 to be displayed for a few seconds then settles down to normal.
Tried at roughly 60%soc, 80%soc and 99%soc.
No extreme ambient temps.
I measure shelf mode voltage on these specific batteries as usually 2.6v, sometimes 5.4v (RENOGY support says it's normal)
Works fine on the individual unconnected batteries.
Any helpful hints? Not sure whether to insist on warranty battery replacement.

I have no idea what shelf mode is? Is that some special term Renogy uses for batteries? I checked my calendar and today is not April Fools Day.

I originally thought with 2 plus batteries, the shelf mode option was gone on the basis, the other batt/s would wake up the one your putting to sleep Notwithstanding they are network connected. Then I tried a different button and presto, got all four to shut down (no Solar and AC charger off of course) so it does work, but not all the time. If you could try a temp disconnect batts then shelf mode on each, you can eliminate some issues.

I originally thought with 2 plus batteries, the shelf mode option was gone on the basis, the other batt/s would wake up the one your putting to sleep Notwithstanding they are network connected. Then I tried a different button and presto, got all four to shut down (no Solar and AC charger off of course) so it does work, but not all the time.
Yes, my logic too. However RENOGY does state it works for banks. What do you mean by a different button? I've noticed that shelf mode is sometimes 5.4v, sometimes 2.6v, and I'd guess that this discrepancy is causing one battery to wake up the other one. Do you have any ideas on why/when it works and when it doesn't?

Each battery is supplied with the button to lan connection, I had 4 so tried another with success. There is another post to show it is just a 2 pin short.

Back