diy solar

diy solar

Understanding EG4 6000ex Standby

azweb76

Hi all. Does anybody know the conditions of standby for an EG4 6000ex? When Solar is present when does it come out of standby? When solar is not present when does it go back to standby?

Also, does anybody know of an FAQ for any of the EG4 products? That would be really helpful.

I would imagine standby mode is similar to the 6500s. When in standby mode, once PV voltage passes the startup voltage, the fans will turn on and the MPPT will start scanning to produce power. At the end of the day, it’ll turn off once the voltage drops below the minimum level.

In both cases, you’ll probably hear the unit click on and off several times before the MPPT stabilized.

Best FAQ I’ve found is this forum.

Hi all. Does anybody know the conditions of standby for an EG4 6000ex? When Solar is present when does it come out of standby? When solar is not present when does it go back to standby?

Also, does anybody know of an FAQ for any of the EG4 products? That would be really helpful.
Old thread, but whenever it has enough PV (120VDC if I remember right), it wakes up, and starts charging.
When the PV drops below the minimum, it shuts back down.
I wish I could get ANY good EG4 documents.

Back