diy solar

diy solar

Unexpectant disadvantage converting from 12v to 48v??

It's not likely the OP is still working on diagnosing his PV 2 years later, right?
lol I'm the OP and just now seeing this.

I can give a 2 year review though:

1 - It seems the Renogy 48v inverter/charger is a good unit. It's given me over 2 years of 100% uptime. The BT Home app is better than it was, but still kinda sucks.
2 - The Renogy 200AH AGM batteries also seems to be 'ok' just ok. They still seem to be fine after over 2 years.

I have since installed a backup array that is powered by six, 100w panels, Renogy 3000w inverter and two 200AH chins 12v LifePo4 batteries in parallel. Those two batteries seem to have close to the amount of 'power' as the 200AH AGMS. I still don't really understand what DOD I should get too, but I run the secondary array feeding the AC input of the primary array all night, every night in an effort to prolong the AGMs. I realize what I'm doing is not that efficient, but it's keeping my offgrid log cabin powered and seems to work. The chins get down to ~13.1 volts by the time the sun comes up.

I'm still learning solar stuff and look forward to expanding my array in the future.

@Blakes , when you start a thread, you may have to explicitly subscribe to your own thread if you don't have that automatic option turned on in your preferences.

1689368034388.png

Back