diy solar

diy solar

Upgrading to LiFePO4 & 3500W inverter on 12V system. Please check this for issues!

Seems like some of you are still missing the point. The only way anything gets maxed out is if you put too big of a load on it, and max it out. It's like having a 550hp engine in your car. It's not going to magically go 120mph and 10K rpm unless you push on the accelerator.

As I said, I've been running a 12V 3500W inverter forever, and yet no loads that I have not put on it, magically appear. It runs 24/7 happy as can be at about half it't rated output. But if I do need to max it out short term, it still works just fine. And if something did short out (which could happen regardless of inverter size), that is what fuses and a BMS are for.
Or possibly you’re missing the point that if it’s even a slight possibility, and somebody not as knowledgeable or acutely aware of the setup, could inadvertently max things out… plus I’ll reiterate, if this is being used in a camper that’s bouncing down the road for miles and over much of the year, things can and will loosen up and hence probably won’t necessarily be working as efficiently as well as it theoretically should and hence there could be additional repercussions as well. So hopefully the system will shut off before any damage or such occurs as it should in theory of its design!

And one more thing, your title is asking for comments and feedback and you’re not seeming to be accepting it?‍♂️

Back