diy solar

diy solar

Need someone to check me on this Please.

Awesome help from you all I am learning much more and understanding better this last week then what I have in the past.

OK think what i will do is 4s2p to the combiner box then to one inverter, so each string should be 97.2v and around 5A and after the combiner box should be 97.2v and around 10A going into the inverter.

Correct me if I am wrong but I could add one more of the same panels to each string to make it 5s2p and it would be 121.5v and still be under the Max. PV input voltage(VOC)145VDC?

Later I will add more PV, 2nd combiner box and the other inverter, and battery's, but will get more battery's 1st.

My plan was to have 8 to 10 battery's all the same, so that will give me 4 or 5, 24v 100Ah battery's. I would get 24v battery's but would like them all the same size and brand, also the battery's I have now are selling for $240ea. and the 24v 100Ah same brand is selling for $650ea. so I am saving $170 for each 24v battery. Is this a bad way to do the battery's?
This is the battery's I have

Awesome help from you all I am learning much more and understanding better this last week then what I have in the past.

OK think what i will do is 4s2p to the combiner box then to one inverter, so each string should be 97.2v and around 5A and after the combiner box should be 97.2v and around 10A going into the inverter.

No combiner box. Nothing to combine. String the panels in series and connect directly to the MPPT.

4S to one MPPT
4S to the other.

Correct me if I am wrong but I could add one more of the same panels to each string to make it 5s2p and it would be 121.5v and still be under the Max. PV input voltage(VOC)145VDC?

Yes, you could go to 5S and be safe unless it's CRAZY cold, about -17°F.

You don't need any sort of fuse or breaker until you have more than two strings in parallel, so you could have 5S2P into BOTH inverters - no combiner box. Simply a "Y" connector.

Later I will add more PV, 2nd combiner box and the other inverter, and battery's, but will get more battery's 1st.

My plan was to have 8 to 10 battery's all the same, so that will give me 4 or 5, 24v 100Ah battery's. I would get 24v battery's but would like them all the same size and brand, also the battery's I have now are selling for $240ea. and the 24v 100Ah same brand is selling for $650ea. so I am saving $170 for each 24v battery. Is this a bad way to do the battery's?
This is the battery's I have

You need ONE battery bank powering both inverters, so if you have 8 to 10 12V batteries, you need one bank configured as:

2S4P OR
2S5P

Battery bank feeding BOTH inverters.

24V is preferred, but for that kind of savings, I would probably go for it.

Very important to fully charge all 12V individually to 14.4V, then for the two you plan to string in series, charge again in parallel to 14.4V for two hours. Then string them into 24V.

No combiner box. Nothing to combine. String the panels in series and connect directly to the MPPT.

4S to one MPPT
4S to the other.

Sorry I did not explain what I am thinking, I meant I am only using one MPPT for now, the other one I will add later with its own PV, and different spec panels. I understand I do Not need the combiner box but I have it and it is already on the building and grounded to a new ground rod and then I can turn off the PV if need to with it and I would like to be able todo that. If this is just a bad Idea then tell me, you guys knew way more then I do on all of this. I do have MC2 and MC4 connectors so either way will work, can always get another DC disconnect for it if I want that.

Back