diy solar

diy solar

US Federal Solar Tax Credit

We generally don't recommend the manual approach "break before make". Because it is manual. And people make mistakes. The best outcome is the inverter catches fire. The worst is negligent homicide.

Either install an interlocked "generator" breaker, or use extension cord for select loads.

We generally don't recommend the manual approach "break before make". Because it is manual. And people make mistakes. The best outcome is the inverter catches fire. The worst is negligent homicide.

Either install an interlocked "generator" breaker, or use extension cord for select loads.
I am using extension cord for my older stuff. So I just plug in the refridgerator and some other stuff. If I keep using this method, can I still claim credit?

I don't think the rules say anything about using wires inside the walls vs. laid across the floor.
I'm not sure if they talk about equipment installed on the real property vs. just supplying power to it.
Read the IRS instructions, at least. Ideally the law if you can find it and make heads or tails of it.

I don't think the rules say anything about using wires inside the walls vs. laid across the floor.
I'm not sure if they talk about equipment installed on the real property vs. just supplying power to it.
Read the IRS instructions, at least. Ideally the law if you can find it and make heads or tails of it.
The IRS can of course audit and ask for receipts. I can never envision them wanting to pay a visit and observe your set up.

The IRS can of course audit and ask for receipts. I can never envision them wanting to pay a visit and observe your set up.
Thanks. I intend to use this as emergency power to run refridgerator and some lights. I currently have a DIY 100ah battery setup for this, but it gives me just 2-3 hours max.
My worry was the IRS page does not say whether it has to be tied into the grid. The language is not clear. For a non grid type emergency backup system used in place of a generator, I guess my I can claim the credit, atleast thats what it seems

Back